Vega won't boot up, only red LED turns on

Guest BSAB

Hi there

Have VegaComb on my tablet for ages, and ended up giving it to my girlfriend so she can play around with facebook and stuff on the couch (while I keep the computer to myself :D )

Unfortunately, something happened and the Vega just won't start anymore.

Anytime you press the POWER button only the red LED on the top right corner (under the BACK key) comes on, and only for 1 or 2 seconds, the tablet is otherwise completely irresponsive..

Tried letting the battery run down, tried turning it on while connected to the charger, tried putting it on nvflash mode and nothing work.

Just the red LED.

Any clues, guys?

Guest danb79

That light is to say the battery is to flat to boot, this is what mine does! have you checked that it is charging? the light should flash a purplish color when charging then go solid blue when fully charged?

Guest richardmlea

sounds like a dead charger! they are on ebay for £10 or less

99% sure it will be a dead charger. The cable is probably broke. Check the cable near the plug, there will be damage where it gets bent when you use it plugged in. If you can solder a new plug is £2.50 from Maplins.

Cheers for the advice, guys.

Got an alternate charger today, and unfortunately nothing, the Vega won't charge.

It might have gone to Advent Vega heaven...