I found some ways to watch HQ quality on youtube , on CM9

Guest elianoos

Guest elianoos

I use Cm9 coldfusion X , very fast Rom, but worest 3 things I face are, no flash on camera, laggy hq on youtube & no adobe flash as CM7

Recently got some solutions to youtube, hope it helps:-

1- Use another player called Vista player & it's link:

https://play.google....=com.hipipal.mn

then get it's youtube search plugin through here

https://play.google....hipipal.ysearch

then for best results , choose 320 X 240 quality, it is more better than LQ youtube.

If u want to see from the original youtube application, copy url from the video , then paste on the search window of the player, & delete letters after (&) , eg;

If this is the link copied tp://wwww.youtube.com/watch?v=U774jO2NZ60&feature=g-upl

Delete letters to be like this ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U774jO2NZ60

(Notice the last letter to be deleted is &)

2- Another easier way through vplayer :

https://play.google....bitno.vplayer.t

Easier to use, just press share button on youtube video, then share to vplayer, it works good , but sound is little laggy, so I prefer with videos with no sounds

*** Wish I could give something useful, & wish if anyone , got other better ideas , plz tell me, I wish so much to run youtube, using mobo or mx player , but failed, waiting for friends ideas

Edited by elianoos

Guest gavin.19

It's not possible. The software renderer can't keep up with the higher resolution/bitrate of HQ.

320 X 240 quality, it is more better than LQ youtube.

That's what the LQ Youtube is as supposed to be, ie 240p. Unless the streams that the Vista player gets from Youtube are of a higher quality (bitrate) than those that the Youtube app uses then it'll be identical quality. HQ is 480p and is too rich for CM9.

CM9 could handle 360p which would look much better, but the Youtube app doesn't allow you to specify.

Guest creedence

I have found the solution for a long time. TubeMate! Here you can change the resolution. Result: the video is running smoothly. It's that simple. :)

Guest gavin.19

Please :

I downloaded the latest TubeMate and 360p actually plays less smooth than HQ on the Youtube app. 240p plays fine but it's poor qulaity.

Which settings are you using? Do you use TubeMate to stream, or Youtube?

Guest elianoos

Yes thanks for your better idea about tubemate. It is easier to use than vista player. But when i used the other option , Vplayer, got better quality video and its little lag decreased so much. When I downloaded its arm6 codec from play store. Wish u try and tell me your opinion

Edited by elianoos

Guest creedence

Please tell me, how can I combine youtube app with mx player or bs player ? Tried alot but failed

I have not tried it yet. I think that url address from youtube into mx player copy.It should work.

Guest elianoos

I have not tried it yet. I think that url address from youtube into mx player copy.It should work.

I tried it many times to copy url and paste in mx, bs &mobo players. Never work. So wish to know. Wst doess it mean ( specially when combined with mx/bs player? ??

Edited by elianoos