Mobile data not working

Guest omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

Mobile data has stopped working completely for me. Happened after I flashed a TPT to get a 230mb system partition.

The same happens on all the ROMs I've used since. The indicator does show full signal and edge/3g/hsdpa,but it doesn't actually work.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? It's quite annoying.

Guest plegdroid

evening, please don't take this the wrong way, but have you credit to cover the cost of the data? outside shot in the dark that's caught me out more than once :) :D

Guest donk165

Check your APN settings in mobile network settings. It might be that on first boot, your phone didn't download the settings? If there are none present, Google your operators APN settings and make sure you get the right country

Guest omegavesko

Thank you, that fixed it! Funny, I didn't even have to manually input the APN settings (though I did find them), I had two APNs titled 'VIP Mobile' and 'VIP Mobile MMS'. Mine was set to MMS, I just selected the first one instead and everything works perfectly.

Guest donk165

Glad you got it working. On giffgaff, there are a lot of different APN's because its part of bigger network, your lucky you only have 2 ;)