Rom Port bootloops

Guest utternoob

Guest utternoob

Hi all

Ported this X8 rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1797505 with some success, but it bootloops after between 10 and 15 seconds, and screen doesn't respond after between 5 and 10. I know it's not framework, kernel or systemui and have checked that I have removed all Sony things that could cause conflict.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Terry

Guest utternoob

Oh right. Used CM7 as base, only way it booted fully was after flashing gapps, so need to add another init.d script as I missed one befire

Native wifi tether is always a simple fix. Just needs decompiling framework-res.apk and changing one parameter in arrays.xml (related to wifi tether interface naming)

Guest utternoob

That isn't the problem. When it boots, I know it's loaded because I got a text alert, but the boot animation never stops. Going to try to logcat it later

Guest zukriaksah

Mine looks utterly different. What lockscreen etc and base Tom did you use? I used C3C0 cm7 and it looks just like CM7 not yours

:-) u did not flash data folder, isn't it? I flash everything, I used original updater script & binary frm p500. CM7 as a base for me means I took skate proprietary files frm CM7, not everything. I use lockscreen 7 from play store, its free. I change free launcher 7 to donate version.