Dual sim adapter

Guest e.miron

Guest e.miron

Hi,I just bought online a dual sim adapter, but it does not work on Skate. The adapter is ok as it works on a Nokia 6120 that I have arround but on my Skate just won' t register any of the two sim cards. One card is Vodafone Spain and the other is from a Romanian operator. With Nokia all is well.

I have CM 7 on Skate, I don't know if the ROM has any influence, but if so, I will change it.

Please advise because I want to have internet in my car for my CarPC.

Edit : I have tried also a HTC Wildfire and it works ok, though only the Vodafone SIM appeared because it is not unlocked. I tried my gf's G300 but I can't put the adapter in because the chip is a little to high for the SIM slot. So far, the Nokia and Wildfire were on stock OS. I am with Tilal's CM 7. Does the OS influence the detection of the adapter or it is something only with the phone hardware?

Edited by e.miron

Guest omegavesko

It should be purely a hardware thing, so the ROM shouldn't affect it much. If you want, flash a stock-based ROM and see if it works then.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest e.miron

I did. I flashed Atomicmod which I think it is based on stock ROM and CFX and nothing, nada, SIM not detected. So I guess I have to unlock my 6120 and use it as a modem for my carpc.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/magicsim-2008-new-dual-sim-card-20th-generation-16948

This is the dual sim adapter and on comments someone says it works with SGS so incompatibility with Android is excluded.

Edited by e.miron

Guest e.miron

As vodafone is asking for money for the unlock code for my 6120 though the contract has ended, i manager to find a cheap seller on ebay and unlocked my wildfire and i can use it for internet in my car.