S2E on 4.0/4.1

Guest JetKun

Guest JetKun

Simple2Ext is amazing.

Let's face it, it's better than Link2SD, transfers over more data and does it silently, and Link2SD is clunky and doesn't do as well. (When I tested Link2SD transferring over my backed up apps from my CM7 S2E-configured skate, it ran out of space 30 apps before finishing the restore AND some kind of glitch always seems to assert I have insufficient install memory even though I have 60mb remaining)

So, why doesn't it work on ICS/JB and could I make it work?

Guest creedence

May I ask, what is Simple to SD?

S2E makes almost the same as link2sd.

With S2E can move everything on your sd card.

Either all or nothing. If you want the whole internal memory remains empty.

Guest Josh92

You can just use Titanium Backup to run a batch move App data to SD. :P

I'm pretty sure Titanium doesn't move everything like S2E or L2SD does.

Guest JetKun

I find S2E much more comprehensive, but it doesn't work for me with CWM-made ext3

Guest sui785

You can link apk, libs & dalvik cache through Link2SD and move app data with Titanium Backup. Is there anything else left to move? :P

Guest Redstarr1

You can just use Titanium Backup to run a batch move App data to SD. :P

S2E links to an external SD-partition, that is something else than moving to SD. You can store a lot more apps like that.

I prefer Link2SD though, it gives you the freedom to choose which apps get linked and which don't. It's a bit of a waste to keep your data partition completely empty if you use S2E. I agree Link2SD has some quirks and bugs, you have to toy a bit with linking the apk and library files (open menu and choose more, then you'll get these options, just do all of them). Also you have to create mounting scripts before restoring backed up apps (I assume you did that). I have 70 MB of free memory on internal memory, I think that's plenty. Linking to SD also makes apps load a bit slower.

@redstarr

Exactly my point. I also like a freedom of choosing what to keep on internal data partition. I want my important apps to be available also in case my SD says bye bye.

Guest sui785

S2E links to an external SD-partition, that is something else than moving to SD. You can store a lot more apps like that.

Uhm Titaniim backup does the same thing with app data(just linking it). I think many of u guys haven't tried it out yet

Guest Redstarr1

Haven't tried because I don't need to, Link2SD does that too, and more. Why bother linking first and then using Titanium to move the apk if you can do all that in 1 app.

Link2SD needs an update though. It should integrate a bit better visually in ICS and does it support JB yet?

Heh I work a lot with titanium nowadays :-) (the metal, not the app).

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest creedence
Haven't tried because I don't need to, Link2SD does that too, and more. Why bother linking first and then using Titanium to move the apk if you can do all that in 1 app.

Link2SD needs an update though. It should integrate a bit better visually in ICS and does it support JB yet?

Heh I work a lot with titanium nowadays :-) (the metal, not the app).

This was another logical. I like the way you argue. :lol:

Guest sui785

Read my post again, I said app data, not the apk.

App data is located in data/data and Ti allows you to place it to data/sd-ext2 (the same thing S2E does but this isn't possible with Link2SD so that's why I recommend Ti).

Unless ofcourse you're not like me(I have 80+ apps on my phone).

Guest creedence

Read my post again, I said app data, not the apk.

App data is located in data/data and Ti allows you to place it to data/sd-ext2 (the same thing S2E does but this isn't possible with Link2SD so that's why I recommend Ti).

Unless ofcourse you're not like me(I have 80+ apps on my phone).

Does it work really well with titanium? How do you do that? Can you describe that briefly? Thank you