Skype video calling- any reviews?

Guest sgm

As per title- can anyone confirm whether Skype video calling or Google video works well on these devices?

I'm thinking about replacing my ageing phone with a SD as it is such good value currently, but being able to have a portable device to chat to family abroad would be a requirement. otherwise I shall get a used HTC or Sony handset.

I expect Fring to work but it would be handy to know if the native Skype app functions as the screen resolution is not listed in their supported device spec list.

thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest punjabi

As per title- can anyone confirm whether Skype video calling or Google video works well on these devices?

I'm thinking about replacing my ageing phone with a SD as it is such good value currently, but being able to have a portable device to chat to family abroad would be a requirement. otherwise I shall get a used HTC or Sony handset.

I expect Fring to work but it would be handy to know if the native Skype app functions as the screen resolution is not listed in their supported device spec list.

thanks for any input.

Just to let you know Skype wasn't working very well at all. It seemed to make the image upside down using both the front and rear cameras!!!! Very buggy in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info

- bought a dual core/dual sim mt6577 Chinese handset in the end for £150 as a bit of a gamble

-runs ics from the box needed gapps installing and the Chinese apps removing.

-quite impressed with the package so far- Skype video calling works fine - getting over 24hours on a single charge with light use

- will give it a month or so and see how it goes.

Edited by sgm

Guest punjabi

Thanks for the info

- bought a dual core/dual sim mt6577 Chinese handset in the end for £150 as a bit of a gamble

-runs ics from the box needed gapps installing and the Chinese apps removing.

-quite impressed with the package so far- Skype video calling works fine - getting over 24hours on a single charge with light use

- will give it a month or so and see how it goes.

Well good on you... I suppose if you're looking for something more compatible then it might be a better choice.

I only bought the Orange San Diego based on the performance it could 'potentially' provide...!

Saying that, it is due for to be updated with Helly Bean, albeit after waiting 6 months!!!