Mic problem poll

Guest Geoff2

I have a problem with mic, but I can't found ro.config.dualmic" in build.prop. I use

INFUSION [b934] [iCS 4.0.3] [b220812].

Please, help me.

1. If you read previous posts I think you'll find that it's not present in ICS but it can be added.

2. There is some doubt about this fix - much of the evidence points to a being a hardware problem in which case the solution is to return your phone under warranty for replacement. I did & I'm very happy - no such issues with the replacement.

Guest droiddruid

You can't restore a backup from your current phone to your new phone - it doesn't take long to unlock, root, & download your apps again.

Btw, By all means give it a go but Pindun14's suggested fix didn't work for me (Gb) or Geoff2. Bite the bullet & get a replacement.

I thought a CWM backup could be restored onto a different handset without issue or am I missing something here?

droiddruid - "I thought a CWM backup could be restored onto a different handset without issue or am I missing something here"

Well I thought you couldn't but now you've made me doubt it & tbh I'm not sure. N'way, seems like a good time for a clean start & it's pretty easy anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest infobleep

I got my phone back last week and Vodaphone letter said that they had fixed a fault by upgrading the software and as well as any other faults I may have reported.

I am now on B892 and kernel is 2.6.38.6......

People now say they can hear me much better than they use to. However my parents still say the quality of the call is not as good as previous phones I had, and that includes the Huawei Blaze, which was half the price and still a smart phone.

Can anyone confirm anything else in relation to the quality of the call as to whether that is part of the problem? IT may be that Vodafone haven't fixed the problem fully but partly fixed via the software update, which I'd not bothered doing because I read it was a hardware fault anyway.

As much as I like the smart part of the phone, it does need to be able to make calls.

Kind regards

Can anyone confirm anything else in relation to the quality of the call as to whether that is part of the problem? IT may be that Vodafone haven't fixed the problem fully but partly fixed via the software update, which I'd not bothered doing because I read it was a hardware fault anyway.

Yes. As previously posted, I also returned my phone and Vodafone have given me a new one which seemed to solve the problem. However, yesterday I was talking to two different people who both commented on the call quality being bad. Again, this is an intermittent problem, but apparently it's different this time - instead of sounding distant/quiet, the call quality is poor, like a very low-bitrate mp3.

This may have been a problem with the phone network, rather than my handset, so I will keep testing it, and return the phone again if the problem persists. This time, I have kept the original Vodafone ROM (but rooted the phone) so I won't need to 'cover my tracks' before returning it!

(I'm on the same ROM and kernel as you.)

Edited by Geoff2

I haven't made many calls since getting my replacement phone & it mostly seems fine. However, I made one call recently where the person said they couldn't hear me very well but I must say there was a lot of background noise at their end & maybe it was simply that. It did just put me on alert though in case the problem recurs, Apart from that (hopefully!) "one-off" it seems OK though. Btw I'm also still on B892

Edited by Titas

Guest infobleep

There us definitely a problem

My dad said it was like a poor quality call to a radio station phone in show. Another person said an answerphone message I left sounded muffled and they couldn't make it out. Thank goodness they did at least get my phone number from it.

Now this is clearly a software fault but at what point do u zY enough is enough nd get a different phone or do I sit it out whilst they fix it, assuming they do fix it.

Who do I report the fault to, and S in someone who will listen Nd ctually pass my message on.

Last time I sent my phone to Vodafone, all they did was upgrade the software. I don't want to send them my phone again if that is all they can do.

Besides they don't write the software, so what can they do expect keep my phone, causing me to have to set it up again afterwards and be without it for one week.

Clearly a new phone isn't the answer either unless it isn't a Hauwie Ascend G300 and some other make. What other make would be as cheap and as good for everything bar making phone calls.

Guest BillBong

Had the same issue pointed out to me by 2 different people over the past 2 days, where they ended up calling me back on a landline because it was cutting in and out or very low volume. Defiinitely not a signal issue as I never had this problem with my Blade on the same network/location. I'm going to wait until the official ICS release comes out and if it's still giving problems, I'll return it.

(I've rooted, and running Infusion/934 at the moment)