Overheated?

Guest Josh92

Guest Josh92

Was driving today & using my skate as a sat nav & Navigation quit, so restarted it then it quit again, the screen froze & the device turned off, wouldn't turn back on, battery removed & replaced then it would just vibrate on and off when holding down power. Does this mean it overheated? It wouldn't turn on for the rest of the journey, luckily I didn't need it by that point.

I had to plug it back into the power point to get it back on, seemed to empty to the battery doing so. Seems to be working as normal at the moment.

Guest hugobosslives

probably just drained the battery more than usual. mine drains pretty quick when i'm driving (gps + music)

what makes you think it overheated? it feel hot?

Guest Josh92

Yeah it was hot, it was also plugged into the car via lighter socket so wasn't just battery. It also wasn't doing what it usually does when out of battery (red light flashes when you try to turn on usually, I had no light but constant vibrating).

Guest e.miron

Although it is pluggen in, maybe the current drain was greater than the charger output. The car chargers especially have a pretty low output so the phone is discharging faster than recharging.

Guest Josh92

Though that makes sense, I've used my phone & charger etc for the exact same purpose a number of times & not had a problem, it's charge rate is usually equivalent to it's discharge. I'm still not convinced it didn't overheat, the way it froze etc too, there was no battery level warnings or anything.