ROM size Vs. Available memory

Guest EviL FazZ

Guest EviL FazZ

Simple question... if you know...

As my title pretty much says, if the overall ROM size is made smaller (zipped/flashing file), can the partition that the ROM actually installs to be resized to something smaller and allow the G300 more available memory? :huh:

On that... does the G300 even require resizing of the partitions to give this improvement in available memory? :huh:

I know, I'm talking/typing like I haven't a clue... because I don't... I'm just messing with ROM's and trying to make improvements :blush:

Guest Davidoff59

its possible yes. paul has done one for the built in storage. Other options are also there but none have been done for this phone as its not needed as yet

Guest EviL FazZ

Yeah Davidoff59, I saw Paul's clever stuff on the partition/internal SD swap, but as I can't find any details on the physical memory in the phone, I'm lost on what to be altering. It is one, two or three actual sets of memory? If one, why not just ditch the pointless internal SD and give it all the system and get more free memory? Again, this could be all wrong, because it maybe all configure differently. Asluvvt says, why they did this is difficult to understand, because they could have just done like everyone else and supplied a 2Gb SD with the phone, rather than embedding it... if it is... or is it a partition?!? :huh:

Anyone got any ideas, actual specs, internal memory/storage layout or something that can get it? :huh:

I honestly think this needs to be a priority, because if the internal SD can be used purely for the system or even memory (actual, cache, temp, dumps etc) this would make the phone run even better and turn what was a £100 bargain, into a seriously stunning £100 bargain... along with iCS or hopefully JB of course ;)

Edit: Nothing special, but my own custom version of the stock iCS 4.0.3 ROM is 50Mb lighter with no loss in daily features.

Edited by EviL FazZ