[Recovery][Gen1/2/3 and Idea Blade] Fully working CWM 6.0.1.1 touch (stable) 6.0.1.5 (testing) [17/10]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest Snap.IT

Here's testing-6.0.1.2 Touch

About the same config as 6.0.1.1 but tweaked here and there for improved performance.

Fastboot flashable: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54672755/recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing.img

MD5: 94c2bd354151a26716b40233429a95ea

Recovery flashable: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54672755/recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing.zip

MD5: 7082d933543337a72e3c724f9a7bfeab

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest targetbsp

I just tested it myself and indeed, it can't mount ext4, i'll update the OP immediatly with the correct version.

24/18 - 12.38 fixed

Fixed.

Yep, can now backup and restore fine. :)

Guest sej7278

any idea why its making .a files which seem to be the actual backup, and then empty tar files?

$ ls -lha

total 531M

drwx------ 2 simon simon 4.0K Aug 24 11:48 .

drwx------ 4 simon simon   16 Aug 24 11:48 ..

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon	0 Aug 24 11:46 .android_secure.vfat.tar

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon  12M Aug 24 11:46 .android_secure.vfat.tar.a

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 5.0M Aug 24 11:45 boot.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon  33K Aug 24 11:46 cache.yaffs2.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 231M Aug 24 11:46 data.yaffs2.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon  465 Aug 24 11:48 nandroid.md5

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 4.9M Aug 24 11:45 recovery.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon	0 Aug 24 11:46 sd-ext.ext4.tar

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 117M Aug 24 11:47 sd-ext.ext4.tar.a

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 163M Aug 24 11:45 system.yaffs2.img

do we have any sourcecode for this?

Edited by sej7278

Guest Snap.IT

any idea why its making .a files which seem to be the actual backup, and then empty tar files?

$ ls -lha

total 531M

drwx------ 2 simon simon 4.0K Aug 24 11:48 .

drwx------ 4 simon simon   16 Aug 24 11:48 ..

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon    0 Aug 24 11:46 .android_secure.vfat.tar

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon  12M Aug 24 11:46 .android_secure.vfat.tar.a

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 5.0M Aug 24 11:45 boot.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon  33K Aug 24 11:46 cache.yaffs2.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 231M Aug 24 11:46 data.yaffs2.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon  465 Aug 24 11:48 nandroid.md5

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 4.9M Aug 24 11:45 recovery.img

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon    0 Aug 24 11:46 sd-ext.ext4.tar

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 117M Aug 24 11:47 sd-ext.ext4.tar.a

-rw-r--r-- 1 simon simon 163M Aug 24 11:45 system.yaffs2.img

do we have any sourcecode for this?

Looking through what i have of it that i used to build it, hang on.

Guest Snap.IT

comments say for backwards compatibility.

I'm not sure how that works but give me a week and i'll explain it.

[edit]It seems like the rename is for Rom Manager interference, it's a safeguard against old versions [/edit]

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest KonstaT

Works on Gen1/2/3 and on Chinese blades.

Same recovery image can't work in gen1 and gen2/3 devices.

You need to compile the kernel with CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x02A00000 and CONFIG_ZTE_GEN1 set instead of CONFIG_ZTE_GEN2.

Not that anyone should care about gen1 anymore these days, but I think it was worth mentioning. :P

Guest Snap.IT

Same recovery image can't work in gen1 and gen2/3 devices.

You need to compile the kernel with CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x02A00000 and CONFIG_ZTE_GEN1 set instead of CONFIG_ZTE_GEN2.

Not that anyone should care about gen1 anymore these days, but I think it was worth mentioning. :P

Right, i'll recompile it for gen1 tomorrow and put that in the OP as well as a new version. :)

It would be daft if you couldn't run it considering i used your code to build the kernel for it.

Guest Snap.IT

Very good job, but I agree with gunapriyan ....

It is already much bigger than original and that poses a problem when looking at similar file names because you can only see the first part.

If you honestly can't read the text on this version you need glasses.

Guest mitchde

I also find the font size already much bigger and now much better readable than in the past V5 or beginning V 6.0.

at least in the menues it is big enough. Maybe the suggestors for even bigger font mean the fonts shown in the filelist for install or backup? For me also no problem.

Edited by mitchde

Guest Snap.IT

I also find the font size already much bigger and now much better readable than in the past V5 or beginning V 6.0.

at least in the menues it is big enough. Maybe the suggestors for even bigger font mean the fonts shown in the filelist for install or backup? For me also no problem.

I made all fonts bigger for readability, i'm not going to change it again, if someone really has a problem with it they'll have to change it themselves.

Guest emotty

I made all fonts bigger for readability, i'm not going to change it again, if someone really has a problem with it they'll have to change it themselves.

Fonts good .. but how about changing the selected text color ? blue and white is pretty hard to read when you select an option,i always flip to the next down to check i am about to select the right one (the top option is always selected on each menu) ...

i formatted my sdcard by mistake a few month ago cos of the blue on white (obviously not your version)

Edited by emotty

Guest Snap.IT

Fonts good .. but how about changing the selected text color ? blue and white is pretty hard to read when you select an option,i always flip to the next down to check i am about to select the right one (the top option is always selected on each menu) ...

i formatted my sdcard by mistake a few month ago cos of the blue on white (obviously not your version)

1. it's not on black on this version, the wallpaper and the brightness of the text as well as the larger font size should make it readable.

2. you're going to have to confirm any action, if you confirm it, it's not made by mistake, it's made because you didn't read what you just confirmed.

It's a pain in the arse to change most things because it will break the touch, that includes text colour and fonts, i only managed to get away with enlarging fonts because i could do that via the kernel interface and have it accepted, i can't do that with colour.

Sorry but it's going to stay this way until koush decides to change it.

It is already much bigger than original and that poses a problem when looking at similar file names because you can only see the first part.

If you honestly can't read the text on this version you need glasses.

ya font size ok with me.

its speed for wiping is superb.

great work! the only thing: "go back" should always be visible and not the last task if there are many items and its scrollable, maybe it would be posible to set it on top?

Guest emotty

1. it's not on black on this version, the wallpaper and the brightness of the text as well as the larger font size should make it readable.

2. you're going to have to confirm any action, if you confirm it, it's not made by mistake, it's made because you didn't read what you just confirmed.

It's a pain in the arse to change most things because it will break the touch, that includes text colour and fonts, i only managed to get away with enlarging fonts because i could do that via the kernel interface and have it accepted, i can't do that with colour.

Sorry but it's going to stay this way until koush decides to change it.

1) its the white text with the blue background that is hard to read when *selected*

2) after selecting the option i didn't read the next bit,yes my fault for not reading to confirm that i didn't select the right option in the first place cos i misread it because i couldn't read it cos it was blue and white when i selected it .. ;)

was just an idea ... you spent all the time making a great tool but didn't correct the mistake (imo) of the original :) ..

Guest Snap.IT

1) its the white text with the blue background that is hard to read when *selected*

2) after selecting the option i didn't read the next bit,yes my fault for not reading to confirm that i didn't select the right option in the first place cos i misread it because i couldn't read it cos it was blue and white when i selected it .. ;)

was just an idea ... you spent all the time making a great tool but didn't correct the mistake (imo) of the original :) ..

Maybe on the next version, at the very least i'll lower the brightness to a more reasonable level since that in itself makes it hard to read, it's too bright as it is.

Guest targetbsp

at the very least i'll lower the brightness to a more reasonable level since that in itself makes it hard to read, it's too bright as it is.

I approve of this. :D

Maybe on the next version, at the very least i'll lower the brightness to a more reasonable level since that in itself makes it hard to read, it's too bright as it is.

waiting for it..

the 6.0.1.2 is just too damn bright

Guest Snap.IT

New version of 6.0.1.2 testing.

Lowered brightness (set to 100 out of 255) and tweaked performance:

Fastboot flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing-20120830.img

MD5: 343b410308bb80eeaccb2058dbf5e34c

Recovery flashable: recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade-testing-20120830.zip

MD5: 86f484657f79512afb7a6e63f073bb2c

Edited by Snap.IT