[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest sonicprogress

I wiped and flashed this with the gapps.

It hung whenever I tried to log in to my google account. (at the 'do you use gmail screen').

So I went back into recovery and tried to reflash, but it failed with a symlinks not copied error.

Even more bizarre.... Tried to flash again straight away and now its fine!

Guest sammyc77

When you say display doesn't properly turn off will things burn into the screen? Or is it just slightly on in black?

It's on but a dark screen.

Guest anything-but

Did you "reboot recovery" after wiping/ formatting /system the 1st time? CWM sometimes get stroppy,so it`s usually best to do that before flashing a rom.

Guest tcpaulh
I had the wi-fi crash as described in other issues. Following the crash on reboot the phone freezes at the CM load screen. Can't get past there.

Exactly the same here.

Guest buddn07

Exactly the same here.

I had the same problem. Booted into recovery, fix permissions, wipe cache and davlik seems to have fixed it.

Edit: scrap that, it rebooted to updating apps and crashed.

Update: Complete wipe > reboot recovery > re-flash > still freezing on wi-fi turn on.

Edited by buddn07

Guest anything-but

Those locking up,did you boot the rom 1st before installing gapps? I flashed the rom,booted up,left it while i made a drink then back into CWM and flashed gapps. Not had wifi probs or a crash of any kind here yet.

Guest sonicprogress

Found a bug. My phone network doesn't auto download the APN settings so you have to input them manually to get net access.

I can put them in fine on this rom, but when I hit save, it goes back to the APN screen. Theres nothing there and nothing to select, its as if I hit discard instead of save.

Guest blaztar

I see on various foruns that adreno 200 dont support triple buffering (project butter) , and adreno 200 enhanced on G300 ?

My old phone X10 mini had adreno 200 too and in JB rom is that project butter works well.

Guest srspinto

Great Work Daz!!!

I have 2 bugs;

- First, the headset does not work:

- Second, when I make a call the sound is always in speakerphone.

Someone has these bugs?

Edited by srspinto

Guest anything-but

Great Work Daz!!!

I have 2 bugs;

Someone has these bugs?

Just checked,same here.

This is exactly what dazz needs,can`t fix unless he knows. :)

Guest djuroue

Great Work Daz!!!

I have 2 bugs;

Someone has these bugs?

Same here! Had a call as soon as i installed CM10, and when i answered, i found out that internal speaker is not working, but speakerphone is ! Didnt try to tap that button for speakerphone, maybe it would turn internal mic on !?

Guest andy.hyde4

but what I see, the hardware adreno 200 dont support, I think you dont got the 'real' project butter..

all project butter requires is working hardware acceleration.

all project butter requires is working hardware acceleration.

And what about triple buffer and vsync? ;)

I know, that "old" adreno 200 doesn't support this functions. But maybe adreno 200 enhanced (as we got it in the G300) does. I don't know.

Edited by Guest

Vsync and triple buffering are not hardware functions. All that needs to be done is patching of the kernel.

Don't know if it's possible right now, but at the moment there is no way to get it work: http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/20381/

Edit: Sorry tilal6991! I missed the posts over here:

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2004866

Just knew, that triple buffering and vsync still don't work with old armv6 SoCs. :)

Edited by Guest

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, audio routing probably won't work. We're using pretty primitive audio code.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Do people actually have SIM issues? You'll have to be a little more specific but I think I know what that's all about.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm surprised how frequent you guys have had the Wi-Fi crash, I only saw it once when I enabled it over the last week when I was testing all sorts of changes to the RIL.

I have an idea for it though.