[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest b4da55

I am looking forward to see it,maybe i am at wrong,but i think it isnt waste of time,maybe it would be nicer than cm10 (if there isnt input lag)...so at some point when you have time,dont forget it ;) Thanks for all....

Theres a chinese rom called shendu that is basically cm9 with different launcher available on modaco:D

Guest vladax10

Theres a chinese rom called shendu that is basically cm9 with different launcher available on modaco:D

My friend,that definitely isnt cm9.... ;) ;) if it is,we wouldnt cry over our destiny with software on g300 :D ;)

Shendu works even worse than our stock ics roms...

Edited by vladax10

Guest b4da55

It has full settings of cm except different layout.,messages power menu ect all the same. If not than it looks very similar. The chinese web page has cm9 in the description however i never translated it so could of said cm9 looking.

It was just what i noticed and possibly wrong.

Guest Dazzozo

My friend,that definitely isnt cm9.... if it is,we wouldnt cry over our destiny with software on g300

Shendu works even worse than our stock ics roms...

It is CM9. It's built by a guy who inherited qiwu's work, called airk. He targets the U8818 audience.

Guest Tiddy_

I think the OTA thing would be an awesome addition for the ROM. Patiently waiting for the next release as this will be my next rom for definite. I feel a donation coming along soon :)

Guest Dazzozo

SA7mDRRKumNZ.png

Of course I'm going to continue looking for 3.0.31/ion/liboemcamera solutions, but there's no reason to let everything else suffer because of that.

Guest Dazzozo

Done a massive clean up. The kernel branches are now as follows:

• 2.6.38.6 - stock Gingerbread kernel, unmodified
  • 3.0.8 - stock Ice Cream Sandwich kernel, unmodified
    • gingerbread - currently the same as 2.6.38.6, if I had infinite time I'd want to see it be a CM7 kernel
    • ics - CM9 3.0.8 kernel, this was never actually used for CM9

[*]jellybean - CM10 3.0.8 kernel, same as ics but with the extra vsync stuff

[*]jellybean_experimental - CM10 3.0.31 CAF-based kernel with ION and all the gizmos

I've just sat and thought about what's left. Not much. :P

Guest Dazzozo

For some reason, the original Wi-Fi module needs two addresses hex edited. Not too huge of a deal, in fact I've already done it, but it's a little weird, considering the jellybean kernel isn't _that_ different from stock, its never needed it before, and I've not made any sudden changes related to what broke.

6qQT134QbhA0.png

:P

Guest unaszplodrmann

Of course I'm going to continue looking for 3.0.31/ion/liboemcamera solutions, but there's no reason to let everything else suffer because of that.

Will this potentially become increasingly likely as more devices based on the MSM72x7A gain official support for 4.1.1?

Guest Dazzozo

Will this potentially become increasingly likely as more devices based on the MSM72x7A gain official support for 4.1.1?

Indeed. Or even just ION on ICS.