just an idea

Guest little pea

Guest little pea

Hi people just had a little idea???

When i had a motorola defy ther was a rom called barebones wich was stripped back to basics and had very little onit but it still worked in every way possible.

What if ther was a rom for our skates that was bareboned and it had low power consumtion and low ram usage apps onit like zeam etc etc and the user could just install apps they wanted i no ther is roms that are better on here but with people like myself i like lightweight roms but how light can we get it.

Its just an idea and lets see wat use good people of modaco think so please leave a comment

P.s im sorry for my punctuation and spelling and grammer english wasnt my stongest point at skool lol ;-)

Guest utternoob

That sounds good, but what would it need to work? And what version would it be etc. are all questions that need answering before we can get anywhere near a release of it

Guest little pea

@utternoob i havent a clue were to start from lol and @tillal wat u say is true but your and absolute legend when it come to roms but maybe sum1 with abit of spare time could do it coz im useless when it comes to rom making i tried to do it when i had my defy but i bricked my defy in the procses so i dont want to chance it hehe

Guest little pea

Thats true yes but any help on were i could start stock rom as base yes because everything works but i would have to change allsorts like launcher to zeam and then i would have to find other apps to use wich are low on battery consumption and low ram usage maybe sum1 can help me i would love to get this kind of rom in modaco for us skate users to use

Guest utternoob

You'd probably want to (de)codex, delete most things such as bloat etc. but not sure about low battery usage apps. Am I right in thinking that darker apps use less battery because less of the display is being lit up?

Guest razzmataz1478
You'd probably want to (de)codex, delete most things such as bloat etc. but not sure about low battery usage apps. Am I right in thinking that darker apps use less battery because less of the display is being lit up?

No no, odex is good.

Guest Redstarr1

Why don't you just flash the stock rom, root it and remove all bloat? That doesn't really require any rom building knowledge. You could also replace the system apps that you feel are too heavy (I'd replace the GB Gallery with Quickpic). Also I'd flash another kernel, C3C0's S2 might be available somewhere.

After doing that, you could take a nandroid backup, flash a TPT with a smaller system partition and restore the nandroid.

Wouldn't be actual building of a rom, but barebone it is.

Guest little pea

@redstar i never thought of it that way but i would want it tweaked obviously but how would i tweak it and how would i change build.prop and wich apps that are safe to remove?

So basicly i want to create a rom wich is lightweight,fleuent and fast

Guest hugobosslives

No no, odex is good.

well there we disagree.

i agree that if you wanted a stripped back stock rom. then yes odexing it would be better.

but for any other custom rom screw odexed apks. where's the modding/theme-ability in that?

i prefer features and modding over quick boot times and launching