[Help] tried 'Back to stock' stuck on boot screen

Guest RemArcs

Guest RemArcs

Hi All, 1st post

I've successfully been running cyanogenmod 7, updating occassionally with ClockworkMod Recovery (v4?). I need to put it back to stock to take my phone back to Orange. I backed up my rom and downloaded and installed OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18-update_signed.zip. It stuck on the boot screen for about 30mins. So i pulled the battery, (yes i know!!) It is still stuck on the green android man. If I try to get back to ClockworkMod via on+volume down it gets stuck on a FTM screen.

Can anyone help? Is it bricked? FYI my windows 7 pc does not recognise the phone when plugged in.

Thanks

Guest Josh92

Sounds like you've returned to stock TPT as well, removing ClockworkMod. Can you see the device on pc when in FTM? You'll probably need to reinstall ClockworkMod using fastboot method. Seems like you might have installed the wrong stock.

Have you tried taking the battery out and rebooting normally?

Guest RemArcs

Sounds like you've returned to stock TPT as well, removing ClockworkMod. Can you see the device on pc when in FTM?mYou'll probably need to reinstall ClockworkMod using fastboot method. Seems like you might have installed the wrong stock.

Have you tried taking the battery out and rebooting normally?

No pc can not see device when in FTM, Yes tried battery out normal reboot, just green man! I dont think I can use fastboot as pc does pick up device.

Guest Josh92

All done. All fixed. Thanks.

'Now how do i put it back to stock without bricking it!!'

Great :)

It sounds like you installed the same version I did when I took mine back, so it's definitely a Monte Carlo branded phone? Did you get the zip from the 'ZTE Stock Roms' sticky thread?

Mine went ok, did you make sure to do wipes etc first (in clockworkmod)?

Make sure you:

- Wipe cache

- Wipe Dalvik cache

- mounts/storage -> format SYSTEM

- Now install rom.

I can't see why that shouldn't work provided you have the right rom & had stock tpt partition. Anyway, now you've manually tpt'd you should be good to install that ROM again. Also make sure the zip you downloaded if the full file (maybe the download didn't finish?)

Also worth baring in mind, clockworkmod doesn't come stock, I don't know what checks Orange will do put it's up to you if you want to try leave it on there. I did for Argos & they didn't say anything.

Edited by Josh92