[DEV] Liquid Metal dev-team (for CM9)

Guest superandrex

Guest Lens_flare

why not to try one in my devicetree.

BTW, I have a hint for new devs: to get data working you need to execute netmgrd binaryand prevent it to wipe itself out.

thanks a lot!

1st question:

am I forced to use Ubuntu 10.04 64bit to live without problems as stated here: http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

These instructions apply to all branches, including master.

The Android build is routinely tested in house on recent versions of Ubuntu LTS (10.04), but most distributions should have the required build tools available. Reports of successes or failures on other distributions are welcome.

For Gingerbread (2.3.x) and newer versions, including the master branch, a 64-bit environment is required. Older versions can be compiled on 32-bit systems.

Note: It is also possible to build Android in a virtual machine. If you are running Linux in a virtual machine, you will need at least 16GB of RAM/swap and 30GB or more of disk space in order to build the Android tree.

Ok!

Time for me to reformat, then...

I want it to work perfectly :)

Once I get the "perfect" 12.04 64bit system anyone has a correct tutorial about how to setup the enviroment (install and configure java and eclipse)?

Does this look correct to expert's eyes?

http://xtrahot.chili-mango.net/2012/09/installing-android-development-tools-in-ubuntu-1204-lts-64-bit/

Edited by ltpitt

I did it!

It seems up and running :)

New and shiny 12.04 64bit, eclipse with adt, all the gingerbread and ics 4.0.3 SDK tools and stuff.

What's next?

I'd like to sync your ICS repo and your CM7 (how?)

Thanks a lot for your kind help :)