[Play Store] Bad memory when installing apps

Guest WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

Today i've tried to revert to the stock version of my ZTE Skate [b22] , and

i've done a full wipe and formatted the system before doing the instalation of the stock version 2.3.5

I've setup the device properly , and i've opened the Android Market to check if it was updating to the Play Store , eventually it won't update directly , even if i cleared the cache or data of the Market , then i've downloaded the latest apk of the Play Store which is 3.8.15.

And it installed the latest Play Store, when i tried to update the apps it sayed "Bad memory on the device", and i can't see where is the problem , can anyone help me out ?

NOTE : I've successfully got rid of this problem , by doing an installation of CWM 4.0.1.4 (Modaco) Recovery by following this steps

1. Downloaded the Clockworkmod 4.0.1.4 by the pinned thread

2. Installed MotoHelper 2.0.51 for the Driver (Android) , in Driver Genius Professional , i've done this becuse the Driver wasn't been installed automatically by Windows

3. Then i had enable the USB Debuging option from the Settings menu

4. I've opened the file to install the recovery on my phone , and suddenly my phone rebooted twice.

5. And after that the Clockworkmod Recovery was been installed and ready to use without any problems

6. Downloaded the Mooke OS 1.10 by C3C0 and put it in my SD Card

7. Wiped both Cache and Data and formatted the system

8. And FINALLY . I was able to install any app and enjoy my Skate ;)

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

Did you tpt properly to stock one?

That's what i've done

1. Gone to the recovery mode

2. Wiped Cache and Data

3. Format (Boot/Cache/Data/SD-EXT/Format System)

4. Wiped Dalvik Cache and Battery Status

5. Installed Stock .ZIP ROM

6. Rebooted

Guest WiiSky70

Ok here's the deal , before i've rooted and TPT my phone i was running a stock rom - ZTE USA (B22)

And i wanted to upgrade to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean , which is the tilal rom , i've installed it well and everything was OK , but now i wanted to go back to the Gingerbread 2.3.5 and i've done those steps to install it.

1. Gone to the recovery mode

2. Wiped Cache and Data

3. Format (Boot/Cache/Data/SD-EXT/Format System)

4. Wiped Dalvik Cache and Battery Status

5. Installed Stock .ZIP ROM

6. Rebooted

Guest CavemanJames

You might want to check your partition sizes. Is v2c a predetermined partition size or is that what you've created yourself?

The stock roms, afaik, don't redirect cache to the sd card like Cyanogen Mod does. So if you have 2MB cache then you can't download anything from the Market.

Guest WiiSky70

You might want to check your partition sizes. Is v2c a predetermined partition size or is that what you've created yourself?

The stock roms, afaik, don't redirect cache to the sd card like Cyanogen Mod does. So if you have 2MB cache then you can't download anything from the Market.

The v2c package is a pre packed partition sizes , that can be choosen in TPT Helper among with another 3 pre-made packages for Skate

Guest Redstarr1

Today i've tried to revert to the stock version of my ZTE Skate [b22] , and

i've done a full wipe and formatted the system before doing the instalation of the stock version 2.3.5

I've setup the device properly , and i've opened the Android Market to check if it was updating to the Play Store , eventually it won't update directly , even if i cleared the cache or data of the Market , then i've downloaded the latest apk of the Play Store which is 3.8.15.

And it installed the latest Play Store, when i tried to update the apps it sayed "Bad memory on the device", and i can't see where is the problem , can anyone help me out ?

NOTE : I've successfully got rid of this problem , by doing an installation of CWM 4.0.1.4 (Modaco) Recovery by following this steps

1. Downloaded the Clockworkmod 4.0.1.4 by the pinned thread

2. Installed MotoHelper 2.0.51 for the Driver (Android) , in Driver Genius Professional , i've done this becuse the Driver wasn't been installed automatically by Windows

3. Then i had enable the USB Debuging option from the Settings menu

4. I've opened the file to install the recovery on my phone , and suddenly my phone rebooted twice.

5. And after that the Clockworkmod Recovery was been installed and ready to use without any problems

6. Downloaded the Mooke OS 1.10 by C3C0 and put it in my SD Card

7. Wiped both Cache and Data and formatted the system

8. And FINALLY . I was able to install any app and enjoy my Skate ;)

There is no "v2c TPT" in TPT Helper, it's completely unclear to me which TPT you installed. If you used v2b, that would explain why you couldn't install apps. Just like CavemanJames says, a 2mb cache requires a custom rom that links cache.

That long explanation of yours with a "solution" doesn't make sense at all. What you actually had to do was install TPT v1b and flash MokeeOS. The only thing that helped in your case was installing Mokee. Why on earth would you install CWM manually if you could just get a TPT that already has CWM?

Anyway, a typical WiiSky70 post...

Guest WiiSky70

There is no "v2c TPT" in TPT Helper, it's completely unclear to me which TPT you installed. If you used v2b, that would explain why you couldn't install apps. Just like CavemanJames says, a 2mb cache requires a custom rom that links cache.

That long explanation of yours with a "solution" doesn't make sense at all. What you actually had to do was install TPT v1b and flash MokeeOS. The only thing that helped in your case was installing Mokee. Why on earth would you install CWM manually if you could just get a TPT that already has CWM?

Anyway, a typical WiiSky70 post...

Hey hold on , just hold on already man .

Are you completely passed out of your mind , i know that solution wasn't complete , i needed to get pass of some poops to get my Skate working again .

That's WHAT I'VE REALLY DONE.

1. I've installed the Clockworkmode Recovery beacuse i've only had 210 mbs of RAM , and as CavemanJames said he WAS ALRIGHT , i needed to check and partition my SD Card again , becuse i flashed the stock rom in a bad way.

2. I've partitionated the SD Card , beacuse the app2sd wasn't found when i tried to format the sd-ext

3. After that i was able to format the sd-ext and then put my SD Card , into an Micro SD expansion , to then connect to my computer

4. Picked the Mokee ROM and the Gapps

5. Wiped data / cache and formatted the system

6. Reboted and DONE

That's what i've done you freak , in my next topic be more respectful , if you don't know what to say DON'T POST.

It's easy has that

Edited by WiiSky70