[QUESTION] Camera Flash ICS and JB

Guest Mohamed Atiea

Guest Mohamed Atiea

Hello All,

I have been here for a while now and I have ZTE Skate, and you are doing a great work guys but I have a question why it is impossible to get the flash to work on both ROMs is it a SW related issue or HW one and if it is how it is working on GB

I just cannot figure out why impossible, shall I dig in the code and reach a dead end or I can try to start where did you stop.

P.S. I am an Engineer and I've been programming JavaEE for 7 years now so feel free to explain the technical issue in detail.

Guest utternoob

No. Never works on anythin other than stock based, i.e. AtomicMod, H3 Blues, Stock Rom, Skatie (I think). Not sure why. Try checking permissions folder and etc, possibly libs, bin and xbin folders

Guest Mohamed Atiea

It's due to /system/lib/liboemcamera.so - we are using the blade's one.

Thanks you tila for you great worka and for this, why can't we use skate's one?

Guest betterthanjordan79

I was using AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 6.6.9 on my skate for a few weeks and I noticed that the camera seemed to have a much better frame rate and no "lines" running through it in preview - Are they using a different liboemcamera.so for your cfx and cfx2 roms?

Guest omegavesko

I was using AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 6.6.9 on my skate for a few weeks and I noticed that the camera seemed to have a much better frame rate and no "lines" running through it in preview - Are they using a different liboemcamera.so for your cfx and cfx2 roms?

AOKP-CM9 Remix was ported from the Blade, so they're either using the Blade's library or practicing black magic.

Guest betterthanjordan79

Yh i know it was ported but surely since it works on aN ICS ROM we could extract the source camera driver and put a better camera into CFX1/2. I know this wont solve the problems about the flash but every little helps.

Guest betterthanjordan79

The camera on the Skate isnt that good. Why bother...

If we were porting from the blade it means that we use the ROM from the blade modded in a way that makes it work on the skate using all the available drivers we have for the skate. So therefore it would be the same quality as what we have at the minute with cfx and cfx2 but with no v-sync problems and a much smoother preview!

Guest omegavesko

He does have a point. The camera preview in that ROM is much smoother than it is on other ICS ROMs. I can't really speculate as to why, though. Can somebody more knowledgeable chime in?

Guest omegavesko
omegavesko I see you are using Paranoid Android - wats the camera preview like on it?

Better than CFX2, though I think the one in AOKP-CM9 is still better.

Guest betasergio

Look this

Hello everyone!!!

This is a continuation of rapmv78's ICS Camera HAL for 2.6 kernel. Great thanks to nobodyAtall who helped get this working biggrin.gif

THINGS YOU WILL NEED:

A working ICS ROM for your device

A lot of time wink.gif

Now this can be adapted to any phone, but it is designed for the LG Optimus One (P500)

I will upload the panorama fix to my GitHub as soon as I finish porting the code for it

SOURCES:

https://github.com/androidarmv6/andr...vice_libcamera

Camera app changes coming soon!

Frameworks changes coming soon!

TO FIX VIDEO RECORDING AND PLAYBACK:

To fix video you will need the lib/libstagefright_soft_aacdec.so file from your ICS ROM. Setup a vendor pregenerated lib by adding that .so to your COMMONFOLDERNAME/proprietary/lib/libstagefright_soft_aacdec.so

TO INSTALL:

1. Follow the instructions in the READMEs in the repos wink.gif

2. In your BoardConfigCommon.mk, delete the following lines IF THEY EXIST:

(Note: these are scattered all over the file, so look for them)

• COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DICS_CAMERA_BLOB
  • TARGET_USE_OVERLAY := false
  • TARGET_HAVE_BYPASS := false
  • TARGET_USES_C2D_COMPOSITION := false
  • COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DREFRESH_RATE=60

• TARGET_DISABLE_ARM_PIE := true
    • TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_USE_RGB565 := true
    • TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_TEXTURE_CACHE := true
    • Note that the following 2 might not be needed based on your device, but most devices will need them
    • TARGET_NO_HW_VSYNC := true
    • COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DQCOM_NO_SECURE_PLAYBACK

4. Edit the files in the DEVICE/libcamera folder to suit your device

Again, thanks to nobodyAtall for getting this to work!!!

Sincerely,

Rashed