CM9 for Lg Optimus L3 (E400)

Guest tony_secreto

Ok, the error at the start (hang on white battery after lg logo) is gone. It starts normal. But after one hour in the internet ( playstore to activate and download apps) it freezes again. I look the next days that it was only ones or does it comes often like in the old build.

Guest Xander_A

Ok, the error at the start (hang on white battery after lg logo) is gone. It starts normal. But after one hour in the internet ( playstore to activate and download apps) it freezes again. I look the next days that it was only ones or does it comes often like in the old build.

Got stuck on LG after update, made big circle (Emergency, KDZ, reflash, reroot, CWM, Flash with build 20120909)

Works after format ALL (cache/data and so on)

it looks working till now.

Guest telicrepa

New nightly works well, I'm using it at the moment and i haven't noticed any new bug. But.

-There aren't any way to listen FM radio.

-USB mass storage is not working on Linux.

-The ROM needs too much RAM.

New nightly works well, I'm using it at the moment and i haven't noticed any new bug. But.

-There aren't any way to listen FM radio.

-USB mass storage is not working on Linux.

-The ROM needs too much RAM.

I havent the problem with the ram. Before you flash the new nightly you have in the clockworkmod not only wipe the data and the cache. Better is you also format data, system, emm, sdcard. Then after flashing your system is clean and in data is nearly 150mb free. And if you make link2sd on automatic, then you have no problems. In windows usb mass storage works great. But before you format the sdcard make an update from the data on your sdcard to your computer. It format the external sd, too. Then copy the nightly and the gapps back and install.

And one small tip for all: i copied the gaps zip in another folder on my computer and renamed it, then i opened it with winrar, delete the optional folder and all apk in the system\app folder and insert there the apk from link2sd and rootexplorer. First i installed the nightly, second the original gaps and third my modified gaps. After reboot i have the nightly, the google apps and link2sd and rootexplorer installed. So it is easier to install saved apk from the external sd. What apk work with this method you have to test for your own. I know, that chrome dont work after installing by this method. But no problem, if an app dont work after its installd by this method, reinstall it over the playstore or directly from the saved apk on your external sd. But one think: if you want to install all your saved apk in this way, with this method they get installed as system apps and it is later not so easy to link them. So only install the important apk with this method.

Edited by ch77de

Hey anyone can help me? When I put the mobile on the computer(WinXP) my computer can´t intall the LG drivers and I can´t connect my usb to the pc :(

And now i can turn on the mobile when it charged :3

PD: Sorry for my english, I´m Spanish

Guest telicrepa
Hey anyone can help me? When I put the mobile on the computer(WinXP) my computer can´t intall the LG drivers and I can´t connect my usb to the pc :(

And now i can turn on the mobile when it charged :3

PD: Sorry for my english, I´m Spanish

have you installed the lg drivers before connect the phone? The others nightlies were working on your PC?

P.d Yo también soy español jaja. :P

Guest telicrepa

I havent the problem with the ram. Before you flash the new nightly you have in the clockworkmod not only wipe the data and the cache. Better is you also format data, system, emm, sdcard. Then after flashing your system is clean and in data is nearly 150mb free. And if you make link2sd on automatic, then you have no problems. In windows usb mass storage works great. But before you format the sdcard make an update from the data on your sdcard to your computer. It format the external sd, too. Then copy the nightly and the gapps back and install.

And one small tip for all: i copied the gaps zip in another folder on my computer and renamed it, then i opened it with winrar, delete the optional folder and all apk in the system\app folder and insert there the apk from link2sd and rootexplorer. First i installed the nightly, second the original gaps and third my modified gaps. After reboot i have the nightly, the google apps and link2sd and rootexplorer installed. So it is easier to install saved apk from the external sd. What apk work with this method you have to test for your own. I know, that chrome dont work after installing by this method. But no problem, if an app dont work after its installd by this method, reinstall it over the playstore or directly from the saved apk on your external sd. But one think: if you want to install all your saved apk in this way, with this method they get installed as system apps and it is later not so easy to link them. So only install the important apk with this method.

Thanks. But I can use the phone, only that i have only 100mb free. Of ram and i think that this is very high.

Sorry for my bad english i'm with the phone and i cant use the translator.

I installed a new rom, so far no bugs, I do not know whether the status bar after losing, I do not read mass storage, the only transmission media, market is operating normally, with no bugs. the only thing that interests me is how the participation of sd card, I have a 4GB card, actually I do not know if it works on this phone? If it works, I would like somebody to explain in detail how to do that.

I installed a new rom, so far no bugs, I do not know whether the status bar after losing, I do not read mass storage, the only transmission media, market is operating normally, with no bugs. the only thing that interests me is how the participation of sd card, I have a 4GB card, actually I do not know if it works on this phone? If it works, I would like somebody to explain in detail how to do that.

Did you mean with link2sd?

Its easy. First download the easeus partition master. You found it as freeware, only google after it.

Than insert your sdcard into your computer and start the easeus.

You see your sdcard with the 4gb. First point at it and make a rightclick. In the opened menu use delete partition. After that (all this operations are need the rightclickmenu) use create partition. Change logical in primary and ntfs in fat32 and rezise the partition. I think 3gb. After that you have 3gb primary partition and an unallocated part. Select it and create here also a partition. The programm opens a popup with that windows cant work with two primarys, ect. Hit ok. This partition also as primary and fat32. After finished closed easeus and it starts the work and closed. Insert the card into the phone, boot it and open link2sd, it asks for the filesystem of the second partition, hit fat32. Then reboot the phone. The workmis done. 1 gb for link2sd and 3gb for data (music, videos, and so on.) but a 4gb sd is very small, i work with 16gb. I hope you understand my bad english and i can help you.

Its easy. First download the easeus partition master. You found it as freeware, only google after it.

You see your sdcard with the 4gb. First point at it and make a rightclick. In the opened menu use delete partition. After that (all this operations are need the rightclickmenu) use create partition. Change logical in primary and ntfs in fat32 and rezise the partition. I think 3gb. After that you have 3gb primary partition and an unallocated part. Select it and create here also a partition. The programm opens a popup with that windows cant work with two primarys, ect. Hit ok. This partition also as primary and fat32. After finished closed easeus and it starts the work and closed. Insert the card into the phone, boot it and open link2sd, it asks for the filesystem of the second partition, hit fat32. Then reboot the phone. The workmis done. 1 gb for link2sd and 3gb for data (music, videos, and so on.) but a 4gb sd is very small, i work with 16gb. I hope you understand my bad english and i can help you.

OK, thank you, then i do not try anything with the sd card, only to buy one with larger memory

I tried recording, no more green color, except it does not recording as well as the stock rom , I mean the footage in slow, as if chopping. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it

I am still having problems with my Data on CM9, could it be the Stock? or is it my SIM I use a T-Mobile Puerto Rico (it is the same as T-Mobile USA just in PR). I have read just a few are having problems with this and since we cannot save APNs I can not configure such. Anyone have a fix? I use a V10D I guess open Europe as I bought my phone via internet. Thanks in advance.

Edited by zixen15

have you installed the lg drivers before connect the phone? The others nightlies were working on your PC?

P.d Yo también soy español jaja. :P

Desinstalé el LG PC Suite que usé para rootear el móvil y sigue igual

A ver, cuando conecto el móvil al pc me aparece lo de hardware de windows y me pone que no se pudo instalar.

I have again the bug of the battery at the startup

And the phone loose battery whenever he's shut off OO

I turn down it at 64% and this morning is a 42%.

Yesterday i suht down it at 40%~45%~and the morning no battery. Just he can start and at the moment ou the home appear he shutdown

I have again the bug of the battery at the startup

And the phone loose battery whenever he's shut off OO

I turn down it at 64% and this morning is a 42%.

Yesterday i suht down it at 40%~45%~and the morning no battery. Just he can start and at the moment ou the home appear he shutdown

For the start bug with the battery install after you flashed nightly this boot img usecured b3 also over clockworkmod (install zip from sd)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30865993&postcount=662

Then it starts normal.

Guest telicrepa

Desinstalé el LG PC Suite que usé para rootear el móvil y sigue igual

A ver, cuando conecto el móvil al pc me aparece lo de hardware de windows y me pone que no se pudo instalar.

Debe ser un bug, al igual que tampoco funciona en Linux, supongo que lo solucionarán más adelante.

(This must be a bug, as it does not work on Linux, I think it will be fixed in new versions)

Edited by telicrepa

Guest Xander_A

I am still having problems with my Data on CM9, could it be the Stock? or is it my SIM I use a T-Mobile Puerto Rico (it is the same as T-Mobile USA just in PR). I have read just a few are having problems with this and since we cannot save APNs I can not configure such. Anyone have a fix? I use a V10D I guess open Europe as I bought my phone via internet. Thanks in advance.

if it is Europe, than i suggest to update....

latest European version is V10K_00.kdz

LG update tool should work also.

Guest Xander_A

I tried recording, no more green color, except it does not recording as well as the stock rom , I mean the footage in slow, as if chopping. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it

safe framerate 24fps/see stock tech specs/ - with any other fps it was greenish/dissorted

checked with internal player, difference is somehow 2,5% (counted as 3s longer on 120s video)

recorded 120sec video is 2880 (1sec=24 frames)

played 123sec (2880frames/123sec=23,41fps)

it is recorded on 24frames a second and played 23,41 which is somehow close to ntsc pulldown.

player settings needs to be checked, or better, part of video file header where is playing framerate given as i dont expect, that there is something like default override in media framerate in player settings

Same on VLC beta on LG and also on VLC for OSX

so it looks that header of MP4 does not contain same framerate as it was recorded

Edited by Xander_A

I had the last time often problems that my phone freezes after a short time and i must take the battery out to shut it down. Now, i make a test. I flashed the phone new but without to install link2sd. It works a whole day without problems. Then i activated link2sd and after two hours it freezes. So i think that link2sd not really working with cm9. So i need another solution.

P.s.: i read in another forum that it can be that the sdcard is to big (16gb). So i make two new partitions. Only 6gb for data and 1.5gb for link2sd. Since that it works the whole day. I want see, that it works tomorrow also. Then i change the 16gb card to a 8gb card.

Edited by ch77de

Guest telicrepa
I have download CyanogenMod 9 20120909, and try to install from CWM. but after reboot I get bootloop and stuck on bootanim,... anyone have idea..

Go to CWM recovery and do a total wipe, later try to install CM9 again

Ok, after make smaller partitions on my sd the phone works perfekt.

I installed 112 apps and used link2sd in automatic mode. I have allways round 100mb ram free. The internal sd have 800mb free. I found only three errors or bugs.

First: the booterror. If you shut down the phone complete and restart it after that it stucks after the lg logo with a white battery. But this you can solve if you flash after flashing the cm9 the boot image usecurd b3 from my post 267. Then it starts without errors.

Second: the radio. But we know that we have no drivers for that and i think in times of the internet we dont need a fm radio.

Third: the tethering only works over bluetooth, but i think its also a driver problem.

I think the final is not so far away.