CM9 for Lg Optimus L3 (E400)

Guest tony_secreto

Tried this. It only fixes permissions in /data (btw not even fixes it, but makes it drwxrwxrwx)

not the option, i need, or, maybe, i don't understand something.

====================

» Español

====================

Yo acabo de Flashear en mi LG E400 L3 la actualización de CM9 "cm-9-20121014-NIGHTLY-e400.zip" Por el momento todo bien, excepto el no poder usar ExternalSD.

Revisando un poco con la aplicación "File Expert" logre abrirla lo que pasa es que el directorio esta cambiado, en esta ICS los archivos de la SD Externa se encuentran en el directorio /mnt/extra-sd.

Para mi no es gran problema de echo mi reproductor de música si encuentra mis canciones y la galería de imágenes por igual, pero de todos modos espero una solución. Gracias por compartir. Saludos :) !!!...

====================

» English Google T

====================

I just got my LG E400 Flashing L3 CM9 update "cm-9-20121014-NIGHTLY-e400.zip" So far so good, except the inability to use ExternalSD.

Reviewing a bit with the "File Expert" open achieves what happens is that the directory is changed, this ICS files External SD are in the: / mnt / extra-sd.

To my big problem is not in fact my music player if you find my songs and gallery alike, but still hope for a solution. Thanks for sharing. :) Greetings! ...

Guest Xander_A

I just got my LG E400 Flashing L3 CM9 update "cm-9-20121014-NIGHTLY-e400.zip" So far so good, except the inability to use ExternalSD.

Reviewing a bit with the "File Expert" open achieves what happens is that the directory is changed, this ICS files External SD are in the: / mnt / extra-sd.

It is not bug, it is feature, see page 2 or 3 of this thread.

Also it looks it was changed this way due conformity with ICS specs.

Link2SD knows how to deal with it no so big issue.

Guest Xander_A

Did anyone here tried Tethering Mobile Connection? No Wi-Fi tether? I tried some Wi-Fi tethering apps but it doesn't work. :(

Native tethering should work as far as your provider supports it.

Guest cjaycob

I've installed the cm9 but the only thing that irritates me is that it runs on too much contrast, gamma or something. Also the dpi seems to be low. Anyone has a fix? Thank you very much in advance. :D

Guest Xander_A

I mean can you set the correct color in cm9?

There are settings for those two, maybe you switch on high contrast assistant for disabled people by accident..

Anyhow by defaults this rom conform to stock HueSaturationLightening values.

Also please check brightness slider.

There should be button "Default" in settings-> display

Guest chelseartb

Hey guys, I have finally decided to make an account after viewing this very thread for many months.

I have owned various LG phones, such as the viewty (ku990) and the viewty smart (GC900). I have some experince updating firmware, but i was clueless about custom mods.

Thanks for the guides that you guys have posted, without it would not be able to root and run the mod. :D

I have been flashing the various CM9 builds since August. Im really amazed by the mod, this is my first smartphone I have ever owned. I have seen a lot of reviews saying that this this phone is crap (mainly screen res), but to be honest im really happy with it, the CM9 mod makes a huge difference. Some people complain about not been able to text with the phone since keyboard is small. I use swiftkey which allows me to type with ease.

The only problem I had was the APN not working, and would not save the settings when entered. No matter how many times I tried the menu would remain blank. I was using an O2 UK sim, when i encounted this probelm. The minute I put in an old Orange UK sim, the settings appear. After many months of flashing, who would of thought that trying another sim might allow you to connect to the internet. I never thought of changing sims, since I have been using this sim for many years and it worked in stock os.

I have now switched to orange, due to better reception and cheaper monthly bill. I read somewhere that the APN probelm maybe due to a lock that the network has put on. As you know that this phone is not 4G, but i can connect to new EE network when I turn my 3G on. The H icon comes on, so you know that your using HSPDA. Im really happy about this, since I have never noticed on my old lg phones if i was on 3G or HSPDA. Also I read somewhere tat you could request for APN settings for you network to be added, but im not sure that is 100% true.

I do get the battery boot error (I know how to bypass this) and inaccurate battery reading when viewing the battery settings. Everything else works,including the USB storage.I know this is a nightly, but im happy to run each build as my daily os.

A lot of people are asking when the next nightly is out. There out weekly,every sunday acording to cm wiki. The only thing that varies is the time, I normally check around 2 or 3 pm GMT. Can anyone varify that this change log for E400 is accurate, is this what I should expect in each various of the CM builds?

Besides zedge and mobile9, are there any wallpaper apps or maybe downloadable packs for this phone?

PS. Im running V10K and CM9 build 2012-10-07

Im having the same problems as this person and even wen i put in an older T-Mobile SIM i can see the new APNs and everything works. Wen did u get ur O2 SIm and wen u got the Orange sim card???? and is v10k open european firmware? Can i install open european on any lg optimus l3?

Im having the same problems as this person and even wen i put in an older T-Mobile SIM i can see the new APNs and everything works. Wen did u get ur O2 SIm and wen u got the Orange sim card???? and is v10k open european firmware? Can i install open european on any lg optimus l3?

I have just back in from a night out... so this maybe kinda of sloppy oh well.

I had my o2 sim for about a year... it was called a o2 unlimited.. one of the simplicity sims... My orange sim (the one im using right now Panter 15.50) I got last month. With the orange sim, I can access the tmobile network... since orange and tmobile share signal and of course I can use the new EE (Everything Everywhere) network.

Please note that I live in the UK and use the UK version of the l3 as well as a UK sim card. You may have to use the firmware for country, like Europe if you live in like Spain.. then again there is firmware for Spain... Almost forgot my geography then, dam drink.

As for firmware im use 425 GBR/UNITED kINGDOM v10K, which is open software. None of that network animation on boot or any of those network apps, like orange world. Make sure that you back in stock os.. gingerbread... before you update your firmware.

The only app that is there is sim tool kit (which is the the menu only) which allows you to use some of your network features. Like various orange numbers and lotto results. The sim tool kit is one of the features of CM9.

You can installed open firmware on your l3. My l3 is unlocked, you know sim free. My LG KU990 (viewty),was branded on 02. I installed open firmware and debranded the phone. As long you use firmware that is correct for the model/device it will work. You will have to search the net work a guide to do the update... or search this thread... which ever is quicker... I can be bothered going through all the pages to find it. Use the search feature :D

Are you on contact or pays as you go?

If your on pay as you go, I would order an orange sim. The deals that are on at the moment are better than tmobile, so you might want to switch networks. Then you use a PAC code which you would request from tmobile, then give this PAC code to orange to use your tmobile number on your orange sim.

About your sim contacts, do you have this backed up on your google account?

If not In gingerbread,stock os, i used the pc suite to my sim contacts and exported them on my desktop as a vcard. Then I used the import contacts feature on my google account to uploaded the vcard. When your in ICS (CM9), you link your google account ( this should be already done when you installed CM9) your contacts will be downloaded to your phone. If this does not work click on the accounts, in the people app and make sure you have a google account is enabled. It will say sync is on when the google account is enabled.

Or you can put your vcard on you sd card, and you the import feature in the people app in CM9.

If your on contact... I cant help you. I guess the only thing you can do. Is try contact the CM9 developers and see if your network settings can be added. I have know idea how to contact this people... it maybe hard to contacts them,sicne they will be very busy, but i guess if your on a 18 month contract and you like 9 or 10 months in, this could be your only option.

I hope this post answered your questions.. drunkenness and tiredness.... off to sleep i go

PS: Have you guys seen the changes for the new CM9 Build 2012-10-21? This could be a big one,and hopefully improved maybe better performance for the people who are having problems.

Edited by Flowfx

PS: Have you guys seen the changes for the new CM9 Build 2012-10-21? This could be a big one,and hopefully improved maybe better performance for the people who are having problems.

oh, this sounds nice

20121014 is a good build but i hope the next is the first very good build ^,~

Guest cjaycob

I messed up my colors after installing cm9 or am I the only one having this problem. -.-

Now using screen adjuster.

Any solutions? Thanks!

post-996339-0-41164500-1350652628_thumb.

post-996339-0-26585300-1350652633_thumb.

post-996339-0-60476300-1350652637_thumb.

post-996339-0-72197400-1350652642_thumb.

Edited by cjaycob

Guest chelseartb

I hope tht the next update solves my problems. I really like CM9 but I am unsure of what the developers can do tbh. Will just have to wait and see. I will also try and update to open firmware next weekend, I have lots to do this weekend! I hope this new cm9 is very good as well!

Thanks Flowfx!!

No worries. I hope your manage to solve your problem..... If you search the net you will see that there are other users using CM9 on different devices that have experienced the same problem.

According to the CM9 Change log, CM9 2012-10-12, should be a big update, compared to the last 3-4 builds. Also is that the CM OTA update feature added to the build? Im really excited about this build, if the change log is correct.

Edited by Flowfx

i have installed it and it runs fine but i lost my google play and i cant download any files from the internet

You have to install it separately. I.e you run the gapps file in cwm recovery, like you did to install cm9. Click the link and see if you can download the gapps file. Maybe try the link on your desktop and copy it to your sd.

Edited by Flowfx

I hope tht the next update solves my problems. I really like CM9 but I am unsure of what the developers can do tbh. Will just have to wait and see. I will also try and update to open firmware next weekend, I have lots to do this weekend! I hope this new cm9 is very good as well!

This link maybe useful,regarding you APN problem.