Newbei Questions Please help!!

Guest markatandroid

Guest markatandroid

Hi just purchased a Tmobile vivacity {ZTE Cresent} and want to unlock it .Not bothered about rooting it and custom roms at the moment as its a present

Have had lots of experiance flashing roms on my touch tabs and galaxy s2 without much in the way of problems

But Im haveing problems with the vivacity unlock tool and the QPST software.The top and bottom of it is i can open QPST no problem and save /backup the QCN file, But when i start up the unlocking software it never goes green it always BLUE and just says open.

If i close down the QPST window{s} it then goes green and could probably flash unlocking software no problem ,but i dont want to do this till i know the QPST software will recognise the phone when i reopen it

Do u have to close the QPST software down then flash unlocking software then close that and reopen QPST ,if u get what i mean !

Another question if i manage unlock the phone does this automaticly root and install the CWM ?

Also if i stick to standard rom will i have to reflash this after unlocking

The phone is new and as i came out toe the box

Thanks in advance Mark

Guest OuahOuah

My own experience : reflashing from recovery with a stock rom removes the recovery...

And the only way to unlock is through recovery/flash custom rom...

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

The unlocking process only flashes it temporary. Once you reflash the stock firmware and kernel, the recovery is wiped and goes back to stock.