Charging problem

Guest kamango604

Guest kamango604

I have a wierd problem when charging my skate.

When my battery completely dries out and i put it on charger after few minutes my screen gets really buggy. Colors get washed out and display starts blinking. Colors look like with lowered contrast, pale and weak. And u can see lines verticaly and horizontaly with higher contrast, it seems like some sort of a mash on the screen. Occasionally, display starts blinking (brightnes changes) very fast(few msec). This only happens when charging completely empty battery. It disappears few minutes after i take off the charger, then when i plug it in it charges normaly.One thing i noticed is that phone then gets very hot, not the ussual when it charges but way hotter, and not just the battery but the hole phone. When battery has some juice left it charges regulary and doesnt make this bug.

To be honest i noticed this 6 months ago but i dont left often my phone empty so i always forgot to ask. Thing is, phone didnt make this bug when i was on stock rom, when i changed to custom ones it started appearing. Could this be a software problem or a hardware one? I changed the charger, changed the battery but its still there. Currently on Mokee.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Redstarr1

Completely draining a lithium-ion battery is not something you should do often. The old NiCd batteries needed that, but it's actually very bad for Li-ion. So that's what happened :).

Guest kamango604

Its happened 5-6 times so it isnt often. Also i already mentioned that i changed the battery.

I wouldnt like to send it to service because it will leave me without the phone for 30+ days.

Guest little pea

Its happened 5-6 times so it isnt often. Also i already mentioned that i changed the battery.

I wouldnt like to send it to service because it will leave me without the phone for 30+ days.

If your not on 3 network then you could get a cheap 10 pound fone for time been they always come in handy

Edited by little pea