Windows 8 on skate?

Guest jtharmor

Guest merlijn1111

You are right, i didn't even look into the specs, i just knew that they were working on it! LOL!

Despite the fact that it is closed source, it still might be possible to port it to other devices, with the correct specs. But that's not a discussion for this forum.

I agree after looking into the specs that won't be available for the Skate in any way.

David.

Guest Neil305

Do you actually mean "Windows 8", or are you talking about "Windows Phone 8"? The answer would still be no, but it would be a slightly less stupid question.

Guest razzmataz1478

Problem solved.

No more posts on this topic please. It's just not gonna happen. You'd get banned from posting on XDA for posting that.

Guest omegavesko

Not going to happen for several reasons, most of which already mentioned. It requires several things we don't have, not to mention the fact that the codebase isn't available to us, so there's not much we can do to port it.

As said before, the HD2 can run Windows simply because it's a Windows Mobile device, which came with Windows out of the box and had Android ported to it.

Guest little pea

And on a final note who would want windows anyway?

I had a lumia 710 had a custom rom and that but it wasnt like wat we have on android like people say android is open source and have the abillity to put new ideas or features so android to me is like evoloution it jus keeps getin better and better

Edited by little pea

Guest razzmataz1478
And on a final note who would want windows anyway?

I had a lumia 710 had a custom rom and that but it wasnt like wat we have on android like people say android is open source and have the abillity to put new ideas or features so android to me is like evoloution it jus keeps getin better and better

I've got to be honest, my dad has just got a Windows phone and I absolutely love it.

Guest little pea

Jesus lol i had mine for 3 days then i part-ex it for my monte carlo and 3 xbox360 games out of the cex shop lol ;-p i fink that windows fones are aimed at the older genaration coz of it ease of use dont get me rong the specs of the 710 is outstanding like the 1.4ghz prosessor and smooth interface etc etc for £99 but it would of been alot better if it was android nokia has if u asked me has shot itself rite in tbe foot for teaming up with windows if nokia went with android they wudnt be in the trouble wat ther in now