Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Guest donaldboyer

Guest tracasan

Guys... Time to donate... Considering how big the community is, 3 or 4 pounds each should be enough to buy dazzozo a truck of beer

Edited by tracasan

Guest djuroue

Yes, but i dont have a way to donate, since in my country PayPal is not supported! I know how much i love beer, probably Daz likes it the same, or even more :D

Guest cutcutcut

ok do you have an micro sd card

To update go to:

Settings/about phone/online update/ firmware

(it should now search and it will ask you if you want to update)

choose yes but when its downloaded it should also ask if you want to install now or later- choose later.

Download Root Explorer from play store for free.

Open root explorer, Search for the folder hwOUC and inside you will find (update.app) Copy this to your sd card then move it to your pc.

If you dont have a sd card then create a new folder and copy the update to that folder. Then move to your pc.

Install the update,

From what others say you will get two updates, so you will have to do this twice maybe three times if there is a vendor update.

Ok, well I may have screwed this up sorry.

I downloaded the first update, about 26mb, it wasn't in that folder and I searched high and low for any files created today but couldn't find it. It said it was adding a backup app, so I thought maybe that's all it was doingi installing an app. So I just installed the update, but it did the whole restart etc etc. It now says Im on build U8815V100R001C02B895 baseband 109808 kernel ver 2.6.38.6-perf android vers 2.3.6.

I'm currently donloading the ICS update B936 F, about 386MB, very slow download.

I'm guessing this won't be any use to anybody though because I already did the first step?

Anyways I'm at work so won't be able to spend much time on this till later sorry.

Guest anything-but

No,that final update is exactly what we need,so if you can manage to find and copy it somewhere you`ll have a lot of grateful people. :D

Just remember to select "update later"

Another thought,as you couldn`t find that folder,i`m not sure but maybe searching for file size might be better,or just search for the file itself (update.app).

Edited by anything-but

No,that final update is exactly what we need,so if you can manage to find and copy it somewhere you`ll have a lot of grateful people. :D

Just remember to select "update later"

Any problems just post here

Ok, well I may have screwed this up sorry.

I downloaded the first update, about 26mb, it wasn't in that folder and I searched high and low for any files created today but couldn't find it. It said it was adding a backup app, so I thought maybe that's all it was doingi installing an app. So I just installed the update, but it did the whole restart etc etc. It now says Im on build U8815V100R001C02B895 baseband 109808 kernel ver 2.6.38.6-perf android vers 2.3.6.

I'm currently donloading the ICS update B936 F, about 386MB, very slow download.

I'm guessing this won't be any use to anybody though because I already did the first step?

Anyways I'm at work so won't be able to spend much time on this till later sorry.

search for the file either on the internal sd card or external sd card..its in a folder named "HwOuC"

good luck

Guest anything-but

B936 download link??

It`s been sprinkled with fairy dust and it`s hidden,throw a 3 legged cat over your right shoulder and the link will re-appear.

*Oh dear*

It`s been sprinkled with fairy dust and it`s hidden,throw a 3 legged cat over your right shoulder and the link will re-appear.

*Oh dear*

Now Now anything-but,play fair ^_^

Guest cutcutcut

search for the file either on the internal sd card or external sd card..its in a folder named "HwOuC"

good luck

I did actually find said folder there was just nothing in it, and I searched the entire phone for "update" to no avail. The ICS update is still downloading though. I'll have a search when it is finished (and I get some time to do so).

Guest nsmacd1

*Oh dear*

I tried it with a 2-legged cat and didn't see the link appear - Does the fact that you posted it should have 3 legs affect the link for B936? :D

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest cutcutcut

Can I upload directly to the forum? I'm at work currently and there is all sorts of blocks on file sharing/uploading etc. I'll do my best.

Edited by cutcutcut

I tried it with a 2-legged cat and didn't see the link appear - Does the fact that you posted it should have 3 legs affect the link for B936? :D

Think it's got to have 1 eye:lol:

Guest anything-but

No,using a 2 legged cat will only give you the gingerbread link,