[Q] Internal memory

Guest Uppy

Hey guys, I know this is a really noobish question so please dont bite my head off for asking but here goes.

The internal memory on this phone is unbelievably feeble, is there a way (without installing a custom rom) to expand this by creating say for example a 2gb partition on the sd card? if so how?

Is this possible in any way at all? I'd rather not instal a custom rom but if that will allow me to do this then I will.

Guest Redstarr1

Did you root your phone? If so you could use Link2SD: http://android.modaco.com/topic/346620-link2sd-guide-updated-please-read/

You could also use S2E but I don't know where to find guides about that. In any case, that would also require that you root your phone.

So no custom rom necessary, it kind of works exactly as you say, create a partition on your SD to link the apps to.

Guest little pea

Ahh maybe i can ask here :-)

Whats the lowest tpt can ya get with high internal memory????

Im on atomicmod and i have 2mb cache 130mb system and 308 on internal memory.

Whats you partions??

Guest razzmataz1478

Ahh maybe i can ask here :-)

Whats the lowest tpt can ya get with high internal memory????

Im on atomicmod and i have 2mb cache 130mb system and 308 on internal memory.

Whats you partions??

Depends on the size of the ROM

Guest little pea

Maybe but am sure people remove stiff from system so they can get mor internal now i just need to move dalvik cache to sd but dont really want to partion my card is there a way to move dalvik without partion sd???

Guest omegavesko
Maybe but am sure people remove stiff from system so they can get mor internal now i just need to move dalvik cache to sd but dont really want to partion my card is there a way to move dalvik without partion sd???

Nope. Just partition your card, it takes like 10 minutes to do.

Guest Redstarr1

I hope I don't really have to say this, but keep a backup of your stuff. Partitioning requires you format your sd.

And smallest system partition you can go really just depends on how small you can make the rom be. But 130mb for a 2.3.5 based rom is about as far as I'd go. Anyway I have way too much apps to fit in internal so I have to use Link2SD (and I have a 200mb system partition for JB).

Guest omegavesko

I hope I don't really have to say this, but keep a backup of your stuff. Partitioning requires you format your sd.

And smallest system partition you can go really just depends on how small you can make the rom be. But 130mb for a 2.3.5 based rom is about as far as I'd go. Anyway I have way too much apps to fit in internal so I have to use Link2SD (and I have a 200mb system partition for JB).

You don't necessarily need to format it. I was able to resize my FAT32 partition and create a new EXT partition just fine without formatting the FAT32 partition with my data on it.

Guest little pea

I backed all my stuff up always do lol

But i got a small niggle no apps like free space wont pick up my partion or titanium for that matter but sd maid picks my partion up is ther a problem with it and after ive linked everything to sd my user apps that is i still have 41mb ocupien my internal dont want to sound like a noob but is that normal or have i mist sumthing???

Thanks guys, should have used the search button I guess, the tutorial was easy enough to follow even after a few beers lol.

Just an aside but why after granting link2sd superuser permissions does it sometimes get denied superuser rights? usually after a restart or after not using it for several days. any idea?