ICS clock (As a widget)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi guy's how are you its bin a long time

I have a question is there a widget to have exactly the same clock as the ICS lockscreen, im on Atomic and i really like the clock on the lockscreen is there anyway to allways have it there so the clock stays when i unlock?

Also a while back ICS roms on the skate where not stable, is there a ICS rom without bugs/things that are not working?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest razzmataz1478

Hi guy's how are you its bin a long time

Yes it has...

I have a question is there a widget to have exactly the same clock as the ICS lockscreen, im on Atomic and i really like the clock on the lockscreen is there anyway to allways have it there so the clock stays when i unlock?

Loads on play store e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chilisapps.android.icsClockFree&hl=en

Also a while back ICS roms on the skate where not stable, is there a ICS rom without bugs/things that are not working?

Stable, the limitations been you can't use panorama mode or watch HQ video, and unfortunately never will be able to.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I started working and with my hobby's i didnt have mutch time left to change ROM's etc. :)

I have bine searching for the clockwidget since ICS came out now it wasnt that hard to find anymore :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1310766

What do you mean by HQ video? Steaming highest resolution on youtube or just play MKV formats or something?

Whats the reason it will never work?

Guest razzmataz1478

What do you mean by HQ video? Steaming highest resolution on youtube or just play MKV formats or something?

Whats the reason it will never work?

Basically, because Qualcomm won't release the ARMv6 OpenMax drivers for ICS we can't use the GPU to decode video. So we have to use Software Rendering, which on the Skate due to the lousy CPU isn't fast enough to decode 480p video. Otherwise known as the "HQ" button on Youtube.

Guest Redstarr1

Hi good to see you again!

Yeah ICS has been stable enough for the last few months. Even JB is almost as stable as ICS now. On ICS there's the usual stuff that doesn't work, as said before:

- FM radio

- Camera flash

- Adobe Flash (not a big deal unless you're in the UK, don't know why BBC was so stupid to use Flash)

- Panorama, that function didn't even exist on GB so you can't really count it, and apparently tilal fixed it :).

- Youtube HQ and also video files of very high quality are quite choppy, that weren't choppy on GB. So a bit of both what you asked.

On JB the videocamera also doesn't work yet (the camera works but with a workaround and with lousy quality), although I think tilal fixed that as well.

I'm using JB right now, definitely stable enough to use daily unless you need the stuff mentioned above.