Which device do you recommend for the next liquid?

Guest Motoox

I use Liquid A1 every day for 2 years.

Because there are many custom roms, I could extend the life of my A1.

But I know that the A1 is too slow for ICS.

So I want to buy one of the new Acer devices.

Which device do you recommend for the next liquid?

Which one do you expect to have such a many custom roms?

• Cloud Mobile
  • Liquid Glow
  • Liquid Gallant Duo
  • Liquid Gallant
  • Liquid Z1

or nothing ?

Guest Master_T

I have been following a discussion on the Liquid Gallant Duo on an italian forum, all the people that bought it seem very satisfied by both the build quality, price and performance. I don't have it myself tho, so I can't recommend it personally.

Guest Ainillia

Yeah, stop with Acer phones, try samsung or google med/high-eng devices.

Nexus, Galaxy SII/III, Galaxy note I,...

Personnally, i think Acer abandonned the Acer Liquid too early. Poor Liquid :/

Guest Ainillia

http://www.gsmarena....nt_duo-4871.php (Liquid Gallant Duo)

http://www.gsmarena....d_glow-4589.php (Liquid Glow)

http://www.gsmarena....mobile-4542.php (Cloud Mobile)

I recommand, on Acer on only, one of these three, but personally, i don't like the Glow (GPU Adreno200... huh..)

If it was me i would buy the first one. Dual Sim, too. For personal & work phone.

Edited by Ainillia

Guest Ainillia
Guest sss_ddk

Yeah, stop with Acer phones, try samsung or google med/high-eng devices.

Nexus, Galaxy SII/III, Galaxy note I,...

Personnally, i think Acer abandonned the Acer Liquid too early. Poor Liquid :/

Why do you say that?It is true that the original acer liquid is no Nexus, but it offered great features (CPU (though downclocked), screen resolution, top notification icons..very practical when the phone is in a pocket..).

Besides, compared to the current Nexus, the Cloudmobile's CPU is way better (1.5 Ghz krait vs old OMAP), and it is said the screen is gorgeous (always hated pentile).And it is still cheaper,new, than the year old Nexus.

Actually i was hesitating between the Sony Xperia T and the Cloudmobile (crappy battery on the cloudmobile), but still, for a new phone, at that price point, the cloudmobile is practically unbeatable.

Guest Ainillia

Why do you say that?It is true that the original acer liquid is no Nexus, but it offered great features (CPU (though downclocked), screen resolution, top notification icons..very practical when the phone is in a pocket..).

Besides, compared to the current Nexus, the Cloudmobile's CPU is way better (1.5 Ghz krait vs old OMAP), and it is said the screen is gorgeous (always hated pentile).And it is still cheaper,new, than the year old Nexus.

Actually i was hesitating between the Sony Xperia T and the Cloudmobile (crappy battery on the cloudmobile), but still, for a new phone, at that price point, the cloudmobile is practically unbeatable.

Of course, for the hardware it's a great phone, man, i have it since 3 years. I love my little Liquid :)

Actually, i said abonned for updates... We had 1.6 upon start, then 2.1, 2.2 wasn't for A1 i think but only E officially. After, i don't know, it's been a while now...

Of course, for the hardware it's a great phone, man, i have it since 3 years. I love my little Liquid :)

Actually, i said abonned for updates... We had 1.6 upon start, then 2.1, 2.2 wasn't for A1 i think but only E officially. After, i don't know, it's been a while now...

True.Still, two updates was not bad. Still is if you consider that the next cloudmobile will be getting, by that logic, JB and whatever comes next. It's just that google was on a faster release cycle.

Acer just posted the full user manual of the S500. Nothing that we didn't already know but it confirms the small battery (1460 mAh) :(

In short:

Qualcomm 8260A

1Gb RAM/ 8 Gb ROM

Bluetooth 4.0

NFC

WIFI 802.11 n

8 MpxCamera

FM Radio

if you want an high moddable phone, look at the number of threads here or on xda... that was the way i used for choose my old a1... and my brand new galaxy s2... and if you can't afford it, buy an used one.. with warranty.. on ebay some german seller can do miracles..