3G will not work on -any- custom roms other than debranded stock.

Guest thegreatfandango

Guest thegreatfandango

I've unlocked via the pinned guide, wifi works OK, installed CWM via TPT helper.

I installed a debranded, rooted ROM: .html]http://blog.podtwo.com/android/rom/de-branded%20ROM%20for%20ZTE%20Skate%20[gingerbread].html

Although this rom works faultlessly as far as I can tell (including 3G), the stock hotspot app doesn't work, I also cannot get the 'wifi tether for root users' to work either.

However any custom ROM's Ive tried, including three releases of CM7, Skatie (no data at all!), and IceArmor 3, I cannot get 3G to work.

My main aim is to get a wifi hotspot up and running.

I'm using an Orange payg SIM, with correct APN settings as far as I can tell.

The debranded rom I'm using is,for some odd reason, missing the stock 'alarm' app, any ideas where to get this from?

Care to help?

Many thanks.

Guest omegavesko

You could always download a third party alarm app. A lot of them are better than stock.

I'm afraid I can't help with the connectivity issues. I could always fix mine because they tend to be incorrect PAN settings.

I am pretty sure that your 3G connection is a matter of correct APN settings.

Double check the APN settings and match them with one your operator provides at their support page.

You could also post the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml of ROM you say 3G is working OK. Together with operator ID (MCC, MNC).

I could then e.g. compare the values with ones SKatie is using.

Or just post MCC and MNC values and I will take a look at it.

Edited by C3C0