[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest bladebuddy

No if you have already flashed the vedor app the toggles will stay all that happens is on bootup you get the android logo instead of vodafone and when shut down no animation at all but I personaly think it closes down quicker but that could be my wishful thinking.

Do a nandroid and try as there's no bad affects just good if you hate that vodafone boot animation as much as me.

Guest darkside2010

No if you have already flashed the vedor app the toggles will stay all that happens is on bootup you get the android logo instead of vodafone and when shut down no animation at all but I personaly think it closes down quicker but that could be my wishful thinking.

Do a nandroid and try as there's no bad affects just good if you hate that vodafone boot animation as much as me.

my phones just running the stock B892, havent rooted or anything yet, wasnt going to it i can get around it, to be honest, getting rid of anything vodafone on the phone is never a bad thing, just want google play and the toggles and that, in other words, i really cannot be arsed to wait for vodafone to pull there fingers out and give us the update!

Guest bladebuddy

Sorry I was on about the rom on this thread B936 as it has a nasty boot animation , you would also need root to use root explorer to get rid of the boot animation so sorry it's not for you.

Guest timfimjim

try adding this underneath

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");

so you have

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");

Yeah I think somehow I had forgotten something like this. It's working now. Thanks everyone!!

Now just to have a look at how the hell to add init.d support... Any pointers? :D

Yeah I think somehow I had forgotten something like this. It's working now. Thanks everyone!!

Now just to have a look at how the hell to add init.d support... Any pointers? biggrin.png

you need to unpack the boot.img and add this to init.rc then repackage it

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
disabled
oneshot
[/CODE]

or you can use cygwin and disxda kitchen

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1698582

Guest Potatoes

If you don't want to edit the init.rc inside the boot.img you can just create the file install-recovery.sh inside /etc to launch init.d scripts

/etc/install-recovery.sh

#!/system/bin/sh

export PATH=/sbin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin

logwrapper busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

Make sure:

install-recovery.sh

init.d folder

any init.d scripts

has chmod 755 permissions

It is indeed: Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:4.0.3/HuaweiU8815/C203B940:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

There's someone on "bricked my 300" thread said they got there phone back today from Vodafone today with ics on maybe worth a look

It is indeed: Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:4.0.3/HuaweiU8815/C203B940:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

Wonder what they changed? I seen the B940 on a russian site but I could not work out how to get it lol.

Think it could be the UK one?

No vendor boot animation, just the stock Android one, booting...

Already made a CWM repack.

Edit: it comes preloaded with Chrome? What?

I thought that Chrome needed HWA on the UI?(I maybe wrong)

Guest theoldsmithy

Is anyone else experiencing a laggy B936 after booting the phone. It runs smoothly after about a minute.

Yes my phone runs as slowly as heck after the upgrade, especially the browser, which is virtually unusable. I hate it. The battery life is useless and wifi connection is unreliable. I much preferred 2.3.6 - is it possible to go back to that?

Edit - I think the problem was my wireless router. It wasn't allocating IP addresses properly. So I think the phone was constantly trying to get an address, and using up its battery. I upgraded the router's firmware and everything now seems much better. Battery has only dropped a few percent overnight.

Edited by theoldsmithy

Guest bigmick1774

Ok, firstly apologies if this has been answered, I have checked the posts but still unsure.

Recently got this phone and wanted ICS. I found the ICS 4.0.3 926 Cinese ROM and proceeded with rooting my phone, then flashing 926, re-rooting then installing CWM plus reflashing to the 927 ROM which included the google apps.

However, I needed to access my corporate email using touch down. The corporate install failed with a security check. I thought it may be because the phone was rooted so just re-flashed with 926 {(which apparently resets the rooting).

Anyway, this appeared to work and I have my corporate mail, however, as I am sure many are aware no google apps in the chinese 926 and I couldnt get the google apps loaded (to my knowledge) without re-routing and installing from ZIP using CWM.

So, thought I would try this ROM, copied to SD card and says update failed, also tried the 927 ROM (Stock then vendor) from this forum but update failed, finally tried the download from Huawei website (934) and yes I get the update failed too regardless of a update via SD options oir force with the volume contol / reboot.

Conscious of having to re-root etc as need my work email eventually and was hoping I could just re-flash as standard with the update.app.

Help greatly appreciated.

Guest bladebuddy

Have you tried the middle package that may help and some people have success using the internal sd card for a forced load. If not you could always get Google play app from other stores using the browser.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/355873-[GUIDE]Possibly-a-New-Rom-Downgrade-upgrade-Tool-found

Here's a link for the middle package place in dload folder and force flash then try force flash any official update app

Guest bigmick1774

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I meant to say in my original post I tried the middle ZIP file based on comments on one of the other posts. It didnt work.

Just downloaded the ZIP you sent, exracted to SD card in dload and rebooted with the volume keys. Update failed again.

I was hoping that one of the full update apps would have simply overwritten as the Chinese ROM I am on has no root.

I did get a download APK of the google store app but it wont load just tries to load and flips back to home screen. Other forums recommend a clean of the dalvik cache but again would appear a need a rooted device / CWM installed - catch 22?