AUO H353VL01 LCD touch screen datasheet

Guest parvata

Does anyone know where to get the touch screen,

AUO H353VL01 LCD datasheet from? I am looking for information on if there are any power saving features that we could use. If you know of a pdf or document please let me know. Our Liquid phones use this touch screen.

Thanks for the link. I actually need to get hold of the pdf listed in this page. Any ideas how to download this pdf?

I tried, needs a paid account to download datasheets, we need to get it from somewhere else

From AUO touch documentation for some other model i see that there are three modes (Active, sleep and deep sleep). If our model supports these three modes we should be lucky. Because the current ts driver only implements two modes. I am assuming that the second mode (sleep) is not really a sleep mode. If this is the case then we can probably save more battery by implementing the deep sleep mode. Keeping my fingers crossed for now until I get some documentation. Why I am looking into this driver first is that TS and LCD backlight are the biggest consumers of battery. Of course there are other culprits too but unfortunately we do not have the source code for those peripherals and we cannot control them.

I found a closest document to our touch screen. Looks like we may have some good news. We may carve out some battery savings from implementing the sleep mode that the touch screen hardware provides. The driver that we have now only has active mode and deep sleep mode implemented. There is an intermittent state called sleep mode which puts the touch screen state into a low power mode. Let me try implementing this mode and see if I get a stable touch screen with some battery savings. If anyone is interested I saved the ts pdf at hxxps://sites.google.com/site/parvatarm/config/pagetemplates/android/A035VL01%20V.0_touch.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

Really really interesting. I'm guessing if it's also possible to reduce noise input from touch screen. As probably you know, some of our acer hw (like mine) sometimes goes crazy and all sorts of ghost input will be detected. I've found this paper: http://www.ti.com/li...5a/sbaa155a.pdf in which they treat this argument.

Yes, it is possible to reduce it but at the price of sensitivity. It is always a trade off between noise and sensitivity. At the moment both are hard coded to 30. If you are using noxwell's kernel they are hardcoded to 75. I think they can be programmed via. the /dev entries but I have not tried. Usually tweaking the noise slightly should be enough. But if you reduce the noise too much then you will lose sensitivity. Did you try tweaking these values and have found a reasonable good pair? Let me know and I will be more than happy to make them as defaults and try it out.

Edited by parvata

Guest darkbrain

Yes, it is possible to reduce it but at the price of sensitivity. It is always a trade off between noise and sensitivity. At the moment both are hard coded to 30. If you are using noxwell's kernel they are hardcoded to 75. I think they can be programmed via. the /dev entries but I have not tried. Usually tweaking the noise slightly should be enough. But if you reduce the noise too much then you will lose sensitivity. Did you try tweaking these values and have found a reasonable good pair? Let me know and I will be more than happy to make them as defaults and try it out.

Yes i pushed these values to 80 (but i suspect that 75 is the maximum value), and now i have these ghost input very rarely, but if we implement some software filters probably i can reduce these values and obtain a decent sensitivity, because now it is horrible.

i have sensitivity 30 and noise 55 and is very good, no ghost inputs and good sensitivity

Actually according to the datasheet the values range from 0 (more sensitive) -255 (least sensitive). Also an update on my investigation on the battery savings unfortunately the sleep mechanism is already implemented in the driver. Anyone know the difference between periodical mode and touch mode under interrupt mode setting? Would periodical mode consume less power or touch mode? In the end maybe all the power savings tweaks may have been implemented already :(.

Actually according to the datasheet the values range from 0 (more sensitive) -255 (least sensitive). Also an update on my investigation on the battery savings unfortunately the sleep mechanism is already implemented in the driver. Anyone know the difference between periodical mode and touch mode under interrupt mode setting? Would periodical mode consume less power or touch mode? In the end maybe all the power savings tweaks may have been implemented already .

Actually I would like to correct myself. When the LCD is on it is in full power mode. So, the current driver does not enable auto power save mode. Sorry for the confusion. I will apply the change and test. However this change will affect the active case only. There will be no change in deep sleep.

Edited by parvata

ok, I made the changes and the files old and new with a readme is provided at https://sites.google.com/site/parvatarm/android/touchscreen_change.zip?attredirects=0&d=1.

Hi lupo,

Could you please apply this file to your kernel in 7.2 and see if there is any improvement. You should see some minor improvement for sure during normal operation. If thepasto could appl ythis patch to his kernel it would be great too,

Guest thepasto

ok, I made the changes and the files old and new with a readme is provided at https://sites.google...edirects=0&d=1.

Hi lupo,

Could you please apply this file to your kernel in 7.2 and see if there is any improvement. You should see some minor improvement for sure during normal operation. If thepasto could appl ythis patch to his kernel it would be great too,

Geat work :) Trying it just now