A new (and effective) root method for ICS / JB from @Bin4ryDigit

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Long time Android hacker @Bin4ryDigit has revealed a new root method for Ice Cream Sandwich, aimed at Sony phones, which turns out to be devastatingly effective on a wide range of Ice Cream Sandwich AND Jelly Bean devices.

The exploit, posted at XDA Developers, is scripted to run on Windows but i've successfully used it manually from my Mac too. As a test I rooted a couple of ICS devices I have kicking around here (all good), as well as a bootloader locked Nexus 7. Very nice!

If you've been waiting for root for your ICS or newer device (yes, it won't work on Gingerbread) then maybe today is your lucky day. If it does work for you, remember to show your appreciation by donating. Support your devs! :)

Click here to view the item

Guest jamoiholland

Tried this on an HTC One V review unit. Seemed to complete without error, and I can "su" from an "adb shell". However, having installed SuperUser as well, I couldn't get the BusyBox installer to work and no other root apps (Titanium, Root Explorer etc) can gain root access. Is there anything else needed?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.