[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest Redflake

For me the app loads and lets me search for videos, but I get a connection error if I try to play any of them. I can't see any posts in the thread that show how to fix this though.

I'm amazed that a rom made for bleeding edge hardware like the S3 runs so well on the G300. Really puts the MIUI development to shame in comparison.

Anyone know the best method for theming this rom? I'd like to replace the blue look of the settings with something white but not sure where to start.

It's not the rom from the S3. Its just b926 huawei g300 chinese rom with touchwiz ux launcher from the S3.

Along with a couple of apps from the S3. ( Calc and digital clock widget )

The contacts and messaging have just had the icons changed to look like the S3.

The dialer as had the dial pad themed and some theming to the settings and frameworkres.

It just looks a bit like the S3.

For me the app loads and lets me search for videos, but I get a connection error if I try to play any of them. I can't see any posts in the thread that show how to fix this though.

I'm amazed that a rom made for bleeding edge hardware like the S3 runs so well on the G300. Really puts the MIUI development to shame in comparison.

Anyone know the best method for theming this rom? I'd like to replace the blue look of the settings with something white but not sure where to start.

Why are you amazed? Its not actually the software that runs on the s3, its just B926/7 with some alternative icons and colours.

have some pic of custom rom currently testing ?final pictures ,tested and a nice clean rom no bugs installed alot of apps and worked fine .

post-833729-0-98744000-1347993440_thumb.

post-833729-0-68055900-1347993447_thumb.

post-833729-0-22927700-1347993454_thumb.

post-833729-0-02883400-1347993461_thumb.

post-833729-0-07568200-1347997653_thumb.

post-833729-0-17790100-1347997659_thumb.

Edited by wrtease

It's not the rom from the S3. Its just b926 huawei g300 chinese rom with touchwiz ux launcher from the S3.

Along with a couple of apps from the S3. ( Calc and digital clock widget )

The contacts and messaging have just had the icons changed to look like the S3.

The dialer as had the dial pad themed and some theming to the settings and frameworkres.

It just looks a bit like the S3.

I obviously need to spend more time reading the OP :-) I'd assumed it was a port of the S3 rom. It's still the fastest rom I've used on the G300 though.

Youtube fix also worked for me.

Tried this (S3 style) ROM, nice look and feel but I'm not up to sorting the keyboard (had a white looking one with some chinese characters as well as normal ones), some chinese apps that I couldn't remove and some of the settings screens had chinese menus, also had a problem after loading google apps with play books and play music kept showing 'application has stopped working' notifications.

If someone with the necessary skills (anyone, please?) could repack this with a proper keyboard, google apps built in and everything working in English (not Chinese) then this would quite possibly be the ROM for me.

Meantime, I'm back to Infusion.

Now... if this could be combined with Infusion (best bits of both) then....

Edited by Al_1604

Tried this (S3 style) ROM, nice look and feel but I'm not up to sorting the keyboard (had a white looking one with some chinese characters as well as normal ones), some chinese apps that I couldn't remove and some of the settings screens had chinese menus, also had a problem after loading google apps with play books and play music kept showing 'application has stopped working' notifications.

If someone with the necessary skills (anyone, please?) could repack this with a proper keyboard, google apps built in and everything working in English (not Chinese) then this would quite possibly be the ROM for me.

Meantime, I'm back to Infusion.

Now... if this could be combined with Infusion (best bits of both) then....

It really doesn't take more than a few moments (or much brainpower) to do what you're asking by yourself.

1. Install the ROM.
  2. Install gapps whilst still in CWM (which can be found here).
  3. Boot.
  4. Log in to Google account.
  5. Go to Play Store and install a new keyboard (I like Swiftkey), and then Titanium Backup, with which you can quickly remove any Chinese apps.

That's it. I see no Chinese on my anywhere on my install. Everything works perfectly for me. I'm overclocked with Omegamoon, but I really like the responsiveness at stock speeds as well. I've tried pretty much every ROM featured on Modaco over the months (latest Infusion excepted) and this is the ROM I am most satisfied with.

It really doesn't take more than a few moments (or much brainpower) to do what you're asking by yourself.

1. Install the ROM.
  2. Install gapps whilst still in CWM (which can be found here).
  3. Boot.
  4. Log in to Google account.
  5. Go to Play Store and install a new keyboard (I like Swiftkey), and then Titanium Backup, with which you can quickly remove any Chinese apps.

That's it. I see no Chinese on my anywhere on my install. Everything works perfectly for me. I'm overclocked with Omegamoon, but I really like the responsiveness at stock speeds as well. I've tried pretty much every ROM featured on Modaco over the months (latest Infusion excepted) and this is the ROM I am most satisfied with.

Pretty much how i did it except had to download a keyboard via my computer onto phone, as no keyboard on rom and i couldnt make that speech thing recognise my voice to get into googleplay to download one. Im left with 2 chinese apps,one called R E, icon appears to be from solid explorer, but seems to be different to solid explorer when you click on it and some sort of yellow speaker icon which seems to be something to do with Dolby, anybody know what they are, will be sticking with this, best one ive tried...

Guest sandrogp

Huawei's All Backup does NOT install in this ROM. I had to re-flash (in my case) Infusion, recover sms and system data, reboot, back up the system data I'm interested in on Titanium and then, to save time go straight back to SIII ROM and use File Expert to reinstall the apks in Huawei's all backup folder and use titanium only for system data restore

Guest skobywan

Huawei's All Backup does NOT install in this ROM. I had to re-flash (in my case) Infusion, recover sms and system data, reboot, back up the system data I'm interested in on Titanium and then, to save time go straight back to SIII ROM and use File Expert to reinstall the apks in Huawei's all backup folder and use titanium only for system data restore

You could have at least tried to read the op.....

yes please read the first post. and you will be okay as for the Chinese keyboard .i installed ics keyboard.and i used antTeck app manager to remove the apps i froze them .their is 7 apps to remove that have Chinese stuff under the app install what you want.i will not be updating the rom. if anyone wants to then please do .also solid files seems to be down at moment.

rock solid this rom have not even had a reboot at all and battery is amazing .its very stable at 1228 and minimal 320

i would say custom roms are very good.can't be even bothered to change to official roms now.I'm sticking with this until i get a new g330. that could be very soon.