[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest Applefruit500

Works when installed on a 2030 baseband?

EDIT: Works Great. Very good ROM. However... Wi-Fi seems to be unable to turn on. It just says 'Turning Wi-Fi on...', but it still hasn't turned on after a while.

EDIT: I think it is fair to say that Wi-Fi is completely non-functional. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Just extracted the zip and replaced every Wi-Fi file with those from Infusion (and deleted the extra folder in this ROM's wifi folder that is not in Infusion) and it works fine now.

Edited by Applefruit500

Guest Coffer52

This is a fantastic ROM, quick, great battery and best of all Dolby Surround Sound. I had this on the ZTE Monte Carlo and really missed the quality of the sound when I moved to the G300. This ROM has it as standard and it works a treat. If you enjoy your music this is the ROM for you! Anyone know how to get the Chinese Apk for Dolby translated?

Guest Redflake

I cant seem to get the HuaweiAllBackUp app to install, either via the navigating to the .apk on the SD card, or by flashing the zip through CWM.

Any ideas?

If you have a clockwork backup of a stock ics rom with allbackup on you can use app extractor available from the play store. Select apps and data choose the backup then choose system apps. when it lists all the system apps in the backup select the ones you want to restore.

good ,by the way i got a app in one of the roms today that i never seen before its called Ascend tools and it has a fair bit of stuff in it .

Edited by wrtease

Guest sandrogp

I cant seem to get the HuaweiAllBackUp app to install, either via the navigating to the .apk on the SD card, or by flashing the zip through CWM.

Any ideas?

Yes, I have exactly the same problem and had to reinstall my previous ROM and resort to Titanium. Problem was that coming from Infusion I'd been using Huawei's AllBackUp all the time because Titanium is not recommended for Infusion. Anyone can shine some light on this, or at least make it explicit in the first post of this thread instead, so that people are forewarned and do their alternative backup before installing Samsung III?

Guest Rattonboy

Anyone done the YouTube fix and what app did you use as every time I open the hosts file no app can do it. The either lag so much there unusable or close.

Thanks

I have fixed the youtube issue. the only app that worked was root explorer from the market, it did lag. it took me 2 minutes to delete all the host lines. I tried several e.g. rom manager root explorer but that lagged then force closed. i used this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zcGVlZHNvZnR3YXJlLnJvb3RleHBsb3JlciJd