Android ICS Update to be available for LG Optimus Black, 2x, Lucid, Lte, 3D, PRADA, vu, Nitro HD

Guest aaww

in October....

according to seven colour gossips - the LG Indonesia was working day and night to release the update. The update includes an ICS with the latest LG Optimus UI 3.0.

Here is an article :

http://www.thegadgetcode.com/2012/09/android-ICS-LG-optimus.html

Don't know what about you but LG is blacklisted in my books.

I love my new SGS 3 :)

Guest everett_psycho

A strange sense of dejavu just happened

Annoyingly the optimus g they just announced sounds like a great phone again, they need to redeem themselves before most people entertain buying one though

Guest everett_psycho

Well the p970 has ics and ricardo already got cm10 running on it. Sounds like he has been working with lg and getting his bits sorted and having to wait for lg to catch up. Fingers crossed the o2x is next on their list of to do's. They have stuck a poll on facebook earlier asking what you would like from a phone but its been taken over by o2x owners saying they want ics

• 2 weeks later...
Guest everett_psycho

Finally some news from over at xda. Seems lg have issued the cm team with what they needed and they already have cm10 working but can not release until lg make the ics source public. Annoying as it is that its so close it is progress. Like it or lump it the ball is still In lg's court to release the source publicly so please no one bother Ricardo or the cm team for the release

Guest dbbloke

Cheers Everett. Its amazing news.

So when is the announcement? When is the 4.2 optimus G event as perhaps it'll be then. Surely this month though. Wondering if it'll mean there are enough kernel goodies to enable Nexus certification though.

Guest everett_psycho

There is indeed a leak, I wish I knew what in was doing to help out fixing it up. That said the devs are working so quick on it I don't think I could keep up with them. I'd say i was a relative noob to this stuff so I'm steering well clear of it until there's a point I can be useful with my capabilities, there's enough stupid people bricking their phones without me adding to the list

Guest SuperSkill

Well, since the day the leak became an easy to install rom both experienced and newbies flashed, since new builds were linked every day the bricks have been all over, thousand help me posts, and a simple search links to NVFlash.

All the moaning about the ics somehow stole my desire for it. Can't stand that blue ics colour so I guess I'll have to extract gingerbread icons.

Every posting here are from experienced users, this goes to all those jumping in searching how to:

LEARN HOW TO NVFLASH. THEN INSTALL THE LEAK :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest everett_psycho

Big news this morning, lg have released the source for the su660. This is all we needed for cm10 so fingers crossed that isn't far behind