OFFICIAL ICS ENGLAND

Guest mattia107

Guest Jamie :)

Hope there are significant changes/improvements despite version number being all too familiar. ICS slowdowns, memory management, apps not responding, mountpoint issues and hw accelerated ui are just a few things that spring to mind. Will not be happy if some of these issues have not been addressed.

Our device and lesser devices can handle it. Look at ics/jellybean on the blade. In terms of responsiveness it's light years ahead of any of the g300 ics releases. I've got both.

Something is awfully wrong with ics on the g300 and Vodafone better not be palming us off with more of the same.

I've noticed lower spec other devices being much faster too, Especially on GB, the Galaxy Ace seems so much faster! There is something seriously wrong with the phone, I haven't tried CM10 yet though

@FrankieADZ I'm downloading it now, with 11 minutes left.. I'll try UnlockBootloader when its flashed

Edited by Jamie :)

Guest Colin Whiteside

Something is awfully wrong with ics on the g300 and Vodafone better not be palming us off with more of the same.

Vodafone really aren't going to have much say over how the ROM performs, unfortunately, and aren't going to be in a position to make demands of Huawei to improve it. They're a far larger and more powerful company than Vodafone and if Huawei decide that G936 is all we're getting we're going to have to rely on the community to improve it.

Guest FrankieADZ

I've noticed lower spec other devices being much faster too, Especially on GB, the Galaxy Ace seems so much faster! There is something seriously wrong with the phone, I haven't tried CM10 yet though

@FrankieADZ I'm downloading it now, with 11 minutes left.. I'll try UnlockBootloader when its flashed

Cheers mate :).

Im downloading both now, but I'd just like to know if it works before I go ahead and install it.

Vodafone really aren't going to have much say over how the ROM performs, unfortunately, and aren't going to be in a position to make demands of Huawei to improve it. They're a far larger and more powerful company than Vodafone and if Huawei decide that G936 is all we're getting we're going to have to rely on the community to improve it.

Im also wondering why uts not ota first and also why previous versions of ics can be upgraded. Some things we can only speculate but im a happy camper( for now!)

strange the pdf file is there on both the packages i have just downloaded.?????

Yeah, the pdf file is present in both packages and it has the same file contains (e.g. same amount of pages and same info) but yet the md5 hash is different compared to the pdf in the other zip file. I have no idea why this is but the important thing is that the update.app is the same.

Edited by Cyda

Guest rosco-85

Probably not worth an upgrade from B934 then...? I take it it's probably the same ROM just with the Voda rubbish added to it? Probably the same case with the New Zealend one too. They were given the B934 build an added their own apps to the cust partition, am I right?

Guest Colin Whiteside

Im also wondering why uts not ota first and also why previous versions of ics can be upgraded. Some things we can only speculate but im a happy camper( for now!)

I think Voda usually pushes out OTA updates on a Thursday, and this hit Huawei's site on a Friday. So it might not be due for another couple of days OTA.

Guest FrankieADZ

I think Voda usually pushes out OTA updates on a Thursday, and this hit Huawei's site on a Friday. So it might not be due for another couple of days OTA.

Maybe they might push it to OTA tomorrow.....perfect ROM Wednesday :ph34r:

Hm theres no vendor package, phone is restarting to update now

do tell us what it like...ROOT, etc please :)

Edited by FrankieADZ

Maybe they might push it to OTA tomorrow.....perfect ROM Wednesday

do tell us what it like...ROOT, etc please

Been installing for about 5 minutes now, going slowly! Haven't been keeping an eye so hopefully its nearly done and not froze!

Guest FrankieADZ

Been installing for about 5 minutes now, going slowly! Haven't been keeping an eye so hopefully its nearly done and not froze!

mines not even finished downloading....and tbh....I dont know which to install.... :blink:

mines not even finished downloading....and tbh....I dont know which to install....

Same here - I'm going for the 2011EFA version if you want to try the other and we can compare notes??

(Still got an ETA of 17:30PM (ish) for download completion)

Edited by nsmacd1

If they're pushing a shoddy release then both huawei and vodafone are legitimate points of contact especially after all the assurances received previously. Time to get testing.

Edit: But I agree entirely, the devs here could totally embarass them. I just dont want people thinking that our hardware is a bottleneck. The scope for optimisation is huge.

Edited by tcpaulh

Yeah it's froze, couldn't tell because it's just the loading bar, no text.. Going to try the middle package then re-flash

Aaand that hasn't worked, out of ideas now!

Edited by Jamie :)

Guest FrankieADZ

Same here - I'm going for the 2011EFA version if you want to try the other and we can compare notes??

(Still got an ETA of 17:30PM (ish) for download completion)

I might :)

Im not going to install ICS tonight, I want to hear what everyone on it/ using the ICS ENG think of it.

*still downloading....lol

Guest Colin Whiteside

If they're pushing a shoddy release then both huawei and vodafone are legitimate points of contact especially after all the assurances received previously. Time to get testing.

Edit: But I agree entirely, the devs here could totally embarass them. I just dont want people thinking that our hardware is a bottleneck. The scope for optimisation is huge.

We're ultimately at the mercy of Huawei in the end, though, and I doubt they particularly care at this point- the G300 is pretty old hat for them by now. We can put pressure on Vodafone UK all we want but there's no way Huawei will budge based on demand for a £100 phone from one small island's mobile company.

Not that it really matters but they're both huge:-

operating profit :-

huawei made $1.37billion last 6 months.

Vodafone £6.22billion last year

Edit: Mirrors anyone please :)

Edited by tcpaulh

Not that it really matters but they're both huge:-

operating profit :-

huawei made $1.37billion last 6 months.

Vodafone £6.22billion last year

Edit: Mirrors anyone please

Sure. I'll upload one now.

did installing the middle package work for you?

Nope! Decided not to bother tonight, Going to install this S3 themed rom, looks nice! I'm already on B926 Infusion so it should work haha

My mirror will be up in 3 minutes! :-)

installed ok , looking at a big vodafone splash screen at the minute .. and waiting impatiently .. were on the logon screen :)

i downloaded the 05011EEY version

No vodafone bloat and all backup is there , but no drop down toggles :(

Edited by schkinx