OFFICIAL ICS ENGLAND

Guest mattia107

Guest FrankieADZ

Hmm. Maybe I've talked too soon. It's not found my on-SD-card music and images yet. Going to give it some time, as I do have a big SD card.

is that with the huawei music app?

when i install poweramp it was fine

Guest Colin Whiteside

Why delete the thread? Surely some people will want the links to the Huawei ROM?

Anyway, conclusions so far:

Swapping "default storage" will update what it says the default is in the UI. It will not actually remount the SD card properly so kiss any music or photo app goodbye if it doesn't support dual SD cards (ie, most of them).

Has the dictionary problem.

Is generally still a bit of an ass.

I'm going onto Infusion.

Guest Colin Whiteside

is that with the huawei music app?

when i install poweramp it was fine

WinAmp and I use JustPictures and Gallery for images, neither of which are seeing the SD card.

Ok took the plunge from stock 892. Everything seems to be ok like widgets dictionary etc. Only problem is play store unable to connect and yes my net is fine as in posting from my g300 now

Guest FrankieADZ

WinAmp and I use JustPictures and Gallery for images, neither of which are seeing the SD card.

its fine for me :wacko:

I have a 64gb Sandisk card in mine and its fine atm *touch wood*

Guest Colin Whiteside

Okay, now this is interesting. It's definitely saving photos to the SD card, but the media library clearly isn't updating, as none of my previous photos or music files are appearing...

Going to go out on a limb here and say something badword up in my media library. Investigating.

Have you tried rebooting? It should trigger mediascanner and will find your files.

Guest henrythedog

Mine seems to be working fine ATM, did a manual update in storage method from SD... went from stock GB 892 rom to ICS 4.03. Now swapping a few things about and installing apps... my notification area seems fine, but then I only had GB rom so don't know whether it should have more than the power toggles/network ID etc?

So far have swapped stock launcher for holo HD, swiftkey 3 keyb, installed a battery widget and chrome browser and my other usual apps... like the way we finally get animated weather in full screen mode.

Guest alexslane

Right guys I have a question for you, I have installed Paul's gr2 rom b888, could I install this or would I have to wait for the boss man to release his version of this official version and go from there?

Thanks for your time

Chris :)

Guest John Young Photos

Vodafone Ireland are saying official OTA release on Friday. Only 3 weeks after it passed testing with Vodafone.

Maybe we (UK) will also get it on Friday :unsure: ?? We can only hope :blink:

Guest wards5150

Took the plunge and installed ics 936. Flashed over stock 892(not rooted) using the Settings->Storage->Update method rather than forced. No problems. First impression is that the screen is not as responsive. Power toggles and notification toggles are still there. Is it just me or does it hurt your eyes?? Everything looks a lot sharper guess i'll have to get used to it. Lost all my apps and contacts but it kept all images and music. Left it on overnight and the battery only went down 2%. But seems to be going down quicker now that I am using it this morning.

Guest Donkey Oaty

Can I install this over my 886 rom listed as U8815V100R001C185B886?

If not what should I go to next? I've read loads of threads and just seem to be getting more confused.

Cheers

I cannot flash this over 926. Have tried stock 926. Tried forced and normal. Is it worth trying imei hack anyone and has anyone gone from 926 and see a difference

Edited by b4da55

Guest FrankieADZ

I cannot flash this over 926. Have tried stock 926. Tried forced and normal. Is it worth trying imei hack anyone and has anyone gone from 926 and see a difference

have you tried that middle package? that was around? before you try the zero imei method