• Memory: ROM 4 GB, ca 2.5GB accessible to the user, RAM 512 MB
  • Supports Micro SD memory card up to 32 GB 
  • 5.0 MP AF camera
  • HD-ljud, Dual Mic
  • Mobile standards: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) /UMTS/ GSM/GPRS/EDGE
  • Audio standards: MP3, AAC, AAC+, midi, wav, AMR-NB
  • Dolby, DLNA
  • Video standards: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
  • Wireless communications standards: Bluetooth™ 2.1, A2DP, GPS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Battery capacity: Li-ion1600 mAh
  • FOTA (Firmware Over-the-Air) – funktion som används för att på ett smidigt sätt uppgradera smartphones
  • FM radio

Edited by snowbord

Arm v6

No, MSM7227A is ARmv7 (Cortex A5 1GHz).

MSM 7227A Specifications

Manufacturer: Qualcomm

Family: Snapdragon S1

Architecture: ARMv7

Release Year: 2011

CPU Name: Cortex A5

CPU Speed: 600 ~ 1000 MHz (depends on the manufacturing process)

CPU Cores: 1

Equivalent Speed: 600 ~ 1000 MHz

Technology: 45 nm

GPU Name Adreno 200 Enhanced

Edited by agpoli

Guest Shahmatt

I'm no expert, but those specs seems weak to me.

For the 100 pound mark, it still seems as though the Huawei G300 is king.

There's this new Chinese company called Xiaomi, that seem to also be making interesting products, but I know not the pricing.

What other options are there?

Yeah, this has been available for pre-order (199€) in Finland for quite a while. According to that press release it's 1499 sek = ~180€ in Sweden. That's way too much for a device with those specs.

We'll see if any operator will pick this up here. My current operator sold tens of thousands units of the original Blade. These contracts close by the end of this year. They're going to lose shedload of customers if they don't come up with something similar.

Guest deksman2

I'd have to say that this is what the ZTE Blade 1 should have been in the first place.

If not that, then most definitely the ZTE Blade II.

The price tag for the hardware in question is not good if you ask me, and they went stingy with RAM (should have been 1GB at the very least).

If the price comes down, it might be a 'worthy' buy from a perspective that it can be upgraded to Jelly Bean for example (which uses GPU to accelerate the UI and everything else - at which point, the CPU isn't that important unless you intend on using it for something CPU intensive in the first place - but current generation hardware is hardly usable for that kind of level of processing).

Guest Aurimas L.

Yeah, pretty much. That said, also Huawei G300 costs 199€ here in Finland. There's really no bargain devices available here. :(

KonstanT ROM for G300 would be a dream ...

• 3 months later...
Guest GizmoTheGreen

the ZTE Blade 3 is available in swedish ICA Maxi for 1299 swedish kronor now.

I might pick one up but how is it looking for custom roms at the moment?

I would want it was a replacement for my trusty ZTE Blade (1), I have three of those and it's by far the best android phone I have had, spec wise, the only flaw is lack of hw accel in ICS and up... really.

I hope this phone would theoretically support ICS and JB fully, in custom roms?

KonstaT?

the ZTE Blade 3 is available in swedish ICA Maxi for 1299 swedish kronor now.

I might pick one up but how is it looking for custom roms at the moment?

I would want it was a replacement for my trusty ZTE Blade (1), I have three of those and it's by far the best android phone I have had, spec wise, the only flaw is lack of hw accel in ICS and up... really.

I hope this phone would theoretically support ICS and JB fully, in custom roms?

KonstaT?

Just get a Huawei ascend G300. Its cheaper, better, and has a developer community.

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Just get a Huawei ascend G300. Its cheaper, better, and has a developer community.

is the gpu the same?

specs for g300 says adreno 200

specs for blade 3 says adreno 200 enchanced

edit: in sweden the g300 is about 200 sek more than the blade 3, can't find it cheaper)

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

Hey, my sister just got a ZTE Blade III. She set up a lock pattern, forgot it, and now the phone shows the message "Too many patterns attempts!" asking for the google account email and password. When I enter these there is no result as the phone is not connected to the internet and I'm in no position to change this. What can I do?

I think a factory reset is needed but when i try to enter recovery mode I only get a white box containing "FTM". Do I need to install a recovery image and do a factory reset? Is there one for Blade III? Is there a guide on how to install it?

Nevermind, i found it. To enter recovery mode i had to hold the power and the volume up buttons. Then i did a factory reset.

Edited by batig

• 3 weeks later...