Custom Recovery/ROM Acer Liquid Mini E310

Guest ThibautD

Guest ThibautD

Good morning,

I've been experementing with rooting and adding several 3rd party launchers/lock screens on my phone but am not very satisfied.

Mostly because the battery drain is significantly larger when using a 3rd party launcher and lock screen.

I am using setCPU to make sure my CPU isn't constantly asking 600 Mhz to expand the battery life.

When I was looking into the possibility to flash a custom recovery/ROM onto my Acer I found that there aren't any available.

At least not that I have found.

Does anyone know if there are any available? Or could anyone make one?

There are probably a lot of people waiting for this. :ph34r:

Thank you!

Guest ThibautD

Hmm, no one able to help?

I have been reading some things on a Russian forum but they mention it's only possible on the 2.3.5 version of android.

I personally still have the 2.2.2 version and can't update through the Acer website?

Can I upgrade by using a non-official method?

Thank you in advance.

Guest thepasto

Hmm, no one able to help?

I have been reading some things on a Russian forum but they mention it's only possible on the 2.3.5 version of android.

I personally still have the 2.2.2 version and can't update through the Acer website?

Can I upgrade by using a non-official method?

Thank you in advance.

If you have sources it shouldn't be so hard to have a working custom recovery

Guest thepasto

I have found a custom recovery on the french forum but am still wondering about the CUS2 to GEN issue asked in my previous post.

I don't think there will be differences. Custom recovery overwrites the acer recovery that is in each stock rom

Guest ThibautD

Yes but apart from the recovery, would there be a problem if I install the GEN version over the CUS version?

I would try to update it first to 2.3.5 (but that only works with the GEN version) before I install the custom recovery.

Hmm maybe explain it a bit clearer.

Right now I have a stock android 2.2.2 (rooted) EMEA_CUS2 Build.

I would like to upgrade to 2.3.5. Build EMEA_GEN.

When this works I would install the custom recovery.

But I don't want to brick my phone...

Yes but apart from the recovery, would there be a problem if I install the GEN version over the CUS version?

I would try to update it first to 2.3.5 (but that only works with the GEN version) before I install the custom recovery.

Hmm maybe explain it a bit clearer.

Right now I have a stock android 2.2.2 (rooted) EMEA_CUS2 Build.

I would like to upgrade to 2.3.5. Build EMEA_GEN.

When this works I would install the custom recovery.

But I don't want to brick my phone...

If it's the same as the Liquid, then the only difference between EMEA_GEN and EMEA_CUS2 is the available languages

Guest thepasto

don't know what CUS2 stands for, but i don't think you've a risk of bricks to update your phone. You can download it from acer website so don't think you can brick it with an official update. Btw i don't know your device so i'm not sure.. I'm only following s100 indications

Guest ThibautD

Ok thanks, I've tried it yesterday and it worked.

The CUS2 means that the phone is for the Belgian market or something. But the CUS didn't get an update to 2.3.5 so I had to switch to GEN.