G300 Bricked no restore option need help

Guest jimj79

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me out but i think its doubtful.

I have an AU version g300 which is running 2.3.6 893

the one was working fine and i decided to play around with it( big mistake for me) and it looks like i damaged or did someone to the bootloader.

All that happens now is the phone huawei logo blinks constantly and nothing else. i have tried holding down and power and up and power it has no effect.

I have also tried inserting a sd card with dload folder with update.app but because i have an AU version all the updates i have tried have failed.

I am not sure if there is some updade.app that is available that i have no tried but i pretty much think the phone is stuffed?

hoping someone has good new for me but doubtful.

Thanks

JimJ

Did you pull the battery before you tried vol up and down update method...?

Did you format your SD card clean with FAT32 also?

yes i pulled the battery before i tried the up down update method.

i also got a new sd card and formated it fat32 the update package that i tried is "Ascend G300(U8815,Android 2.3.6) V100R001C02B885 (UK Vodafone)" any suggestions to a different one i should try with my AU vodafone g300?

Guest rosco-85

You won't be able to upgrade to that as it's probably the same or older than what you are currently running... Which version were you on?

Is it creating an error log on your SD card?

If you flash Huawei stock B934, B936 or B940 then one of those should work. Depends whether you want to keep official Voda software and use OTA? Those would be the most straight forward without going down the 'ClockWorkMod' root and flashing Zip files.

There also something called the middle package which for some works as a by-pass and lets you flash any ROM. It was downloaded with B927 which was an older build of ICS.

You won't be able to upgrade to that as it's probably the same or older than what you are currently running... Which version were you on?

Is it creating an error log on your SD card?

If you flash Huawei stock B934, B936 or B940 then one of those should work. Depends whether you want to keep official Voda software and use OTA? Those would be the most straight forward without going down the 'ClockWorkMod' root and flashing Zip files.

There also something called the middle package which for some works as a by-pass and lets you flash any ROM. It was downloaded with B927 which was an older build of ICS.

the version i had one it was the stock AU g300 which was...

Model number: U8815

Android version: 2.3.6

Baseband version: 109808

Kernel version: 2.6.38.6-perf

android@localhost #1

Build number: U8815-51V100R001C346B893

the error which the flash created was

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

new partition same as old.

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2

call dload_machine data process failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

do you suggest i flash middle.app and then flash b927 ??

i am not fussed about what i flash at this point as long as the phone works

do you link for the cwm method to recover it?

Edited by jimj79

Guest rosco-85

Error is because you're trying to reflash a ROM with the exact same partitions. It doesn't view it as an update.

I would flash B934 or above. There was significant improvements between B927 and B934. I'm still running B934, as I don't see the need to go to B936 or B940.

Maybe try flashing B934 main update first and if it works you can choose wether or not to flash the vendor file afterwards. Based on the error I think ICS will work fine. If not try the middle package then the main update. Only put one on the SD card at a time and make sure its in 'dload' folder and named 'update.app'

The middle package might actually let you re-flash your current ROM though as well though.

Edited by rosco-85