[MOD] Custom splash screen and boot animation

Guest luca1-86

Guest luca1-86

Hi all, I've made simple splash screen and boot animation. Their are the same, Simple Google logo on black background.

Boot animation is static (its not moving).

Guide:

To apply splash screen simple flash

'hwu8815_splash_google-update-signed'

in CWM.

To apply boot animation replace

'bootanimation'

in

/system/media/

hwu8815_splash_google-update-signed.zip

bootanimation.zip

post-985191-0-29018600-1348748837_thumb.

Edited by luca1-86

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mdemetri2

Hi, I took your bootanimation.zip and copied it to the system\media folder. When I restart the phone get the HUAWEI logo, and then the static google logo, so fine up to this point.

I then tried playing about with it, intially amending two of the png's so the google text was in different colours, didnt make a difference. then I edited the desc.txt as per an other tutorial. still nothing.

This is all so that I can replace the existing vodafone animation. what was strange though, is if I remove bootanimation.zip from the media folder, it still plays an animation - simple android shimmering text. I dont know where this is from, and I can't find the zip or png's that make this!

I then tried amending the existing voda one, for example, removing some of the images so the animation is cut short - just so that I can see if anything I do affects the animation. Again nothing.

Is there something else I should be doing, I dont get what flashing means and I think this has something to do with it.

Thanks!

Guest Rico_89

Hi, I took your bootanimation.zip and copied it to the system\media folder. When I restart the phone get the HUAWEI logo, and then the static google logo, so fine up to this point.

I then tried playing about with it, intially amending two of the png's so the google text was in different colours, didnt make a difference. then I edited the desc.txt as per an other tutorial. still nothing.

This is all so that I can replace the existing vodafone animation. what was strange though, is if I remove bootanimation.zip from the media folder, it still plays an animation - simple android shimmering text. I dont know where this is from, and I can't find the zip or png's that make this!

I then tried amending the existing voda one, for example, removing some of the images so the animation is cut short - just so that I can see if anything I do affects the animation. Again nothing.

Is there something else I should be doing, I dont get what flashing means and I think this has something to do with it.

Thanks!

Try turning off "Fast Boot".

Guest mdemetri2

turned fast boot off and still nothing, it shows blank screen for what is likely the duration of the animation. I'm about to give up, on what should be very simple to do given all the tutorials I read. :(

my last desc.txt has:

480 800 30

p 1 0 part0

png's are the correct resolution. I'm at a loss to this.