Connecting to SD Card as usb storage

Guest pjjames55

Guest pjjames55

I have an issue using my phone as USB storage.

I am currently on Base 926 using infusion B06, when USB storage is turned on the internal storage shows as a CD drive, the sd card does not show or get mounted on the computer. More often than not i do not get the info box about turning on the USB storage. I have no problems accessing the SD card on the phone.

The same happens on windows 7 x64, windows 7 x32 and ubuntu. I have also tried it on stock 885,926 and 936 and it is still the same. It did work ok until around a week ago.

Has anyone else had similar issues or able too assist me with this?

Edited by pjjames55

The "CD drive" contains the drivers for the phone. It is supposed to appear unprompted. It will not prevent use of the other two drives but these have to be explicitly turned on. It can be confusing.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest pjjames55

Thanks, but you've misunderstood what I'm explaining

The CD drive shown is not the one that contains the drivers, it is the internal 2GB storage being mounted as a CD Drive but not writable obviously. The sd card is not mounted or available on any computer i connect the phone too.

Routine is plug in usb cable, on phone select turn on USB Storage, sometimes i get the notification about turning it on but most of the time i don't. Phone now displays the option to turn of USB storage. The only item that is now shown on the computer is the internal 2GB storage which is displayed as a CD Drive.

Guest bladebuddy
Thanks, but you've misunderstood what I'm explaining

The CD drive shown is not the one that contains the drivers, it is the internal 2GB storage being mounted as a CD Drive but not writable obviously. The sd card is not mounted or available on any computer i connect the phone too.

Routine is plug in usb cable, on phone select turn on USB Storage, sometimes i get the notification about turning it on but most of the time i don't. Phone now displays the option to turn of USB storage. The only item that is now shown on the computer is the internal 2GB storage which is displayed as a CD Drive.

This is exactly the same problem I had, somebody on the forum recommended an app that linked USB storage to the sd card and I installed it and it rebooted my phone, but fixed the problem.

Its called " multi mount sd storage lite" Available from Google Play.

I installed it while my USB was connected to my p.c .

Please try and if it works report you're results.

And a big thanks from me to the forum member who recommended the app.

Sorry I don't recall you're name or can find the post.

If you know who you are.

Thanks as it works.

Guest pjjames55

Thank you bladebuddy, worked a treat.

Installed app, rebooted phone and now both internal storage and SD card are appearing as normal on the PC.

Don't have to use the apps widget either as normal USB storage on option works ok now.

Guest bladebuddy
<br /><br />Could of been that but when you install it , fixed the problem and after you can delete the app. <br />If it was you who posted it then thanks from me as I have been puzzled on how to get that working since buying my phone.<br />So Thanks:D
<br />P.S<br />The original other recommended this as a fix to keep you&#39;re ringtone the same after connection to the USB if that helps I have looked everywhere but cannot find the post. Edited by bladebuddy