knackered phone

Guest jpbroad1970

I'm thinking a it might be possible to use fastboot to reflash CWM recovery but only if the PC at least sees the device in bootloader mode even if it is asking for drivers. I asked about that earlier and apparently the PC sees nothing when the phone is booted with Vol- + Power. In which case we are stuck as far as that goes.

EDIT: Did the drivers successfully install? Is the PC now seeing some sort of device connected in bootloader mode? If so we cam use fastboot to force load CWM if bootloader is not locked.

Edited by Hogweed

now unplug usb.and pull battery ,then put batt back in,then hold volume down and plug in usb cable and power on with the volume button still hold it.do the clockwork stuff now.

Guest droiddruid

now unplug usb.and pull battery ,then put batt back in,then hold volume down and plug in usb cable and power on with the volume button still hold it.do the clockwork stuff now.

You mean volume up not down right?

nope thats how to get clockwork back have done this a few times.just run the clockwork stuff as normal and when waiting for device it waits ,then pull usb and try the way i said, i have borked it many times and always get it back.

Edited by wrtease

when the usb is plugged in to the phone it will power it on.hold volume down and try clockwork ,go to pc and run the three files for clockwork and then unplug and pug back in with volume down to you get a vibration.thats clockwork on,pull battery and then put bat back in and hold volume up when plug in usb cable.also try loading the drivers as you do this ,

start this way .from scratch. try to get a dload folder on then try it..next if that fails use the downgrade dload folder. next try full ics dload folder .shurely something gotta work .even try clockwork again .and try to root again.

Edited by wrtease

Are you absolutely sure you are performing the Power + Vol- correctly ( I realise how frustrating if you are and I keep asking again)? What you expect to see in this mode is for the device to appear to hang on the Huawei logo. The three combinations of Power + Vol up or down all do different things. Only booting with Power + Vol- and sticking at boot screen will do what you want. Kind of tricky to tell of course if you say it hangs on that screen when you boot normally.

If you can get the phone stuck on the Huawei logo but in Bootloader mode then CWM recovery can be sent from the PC to the phone.

Edited by Hogweed

i have a cwm program

You have CWM Recovery on the phone? In that case there is no problem at all. Not sure what you mean otherwise. Just do wipes and reflash a CWM ICS ROM

You might try this one http://www.modaco.co...d-25092012-b06/

There are plenty of others of course. Don't flash a GingerBread ROM in CWM though as the low level firmware is incompatible and you would have to perform a forced downgrade first.

Edited by Hogweed