F1 GRANDPRIX SEASON ON SPV "GAME" POSSIBLE!

Guest kingdom master

Guest kingdom master

ok just an idea. needs some work i personally dunno how to develop but maybe somoene else will take it up

ok,

its a offline game, updated before play with a connection.

grandprix season players will play agaisnt 5 computer based drivers already built into the game. however the other drivers would be spv users after each play or before each play. the race details would be uploaded to a server the next user would then download this information. so when u race u would in theory race against the ghost racers of other players.

you wouldnt hit other cars because you would avoid them like u would on any other grandprix game. if you beat the cars and or your overall times are better you would get 1st place etc...

the states would feature just like snake 2. we have all season f1 races, points etc.. you could even include the flags and a mandatory 1 pit stop and say a 15 lap race per track.

you could change the colour of your car and ur race name even using some password create race teams. but dunno bout that one. hee hee

later on we could have more tracks designed using other race formats like rally, power boats etc.. which can be added to the exsisting game to increase the games scope.

the gprs would be minimal the graphics would either be looking down on the cars or from behind-a very basic graphic although the tracks may cause problems.

interested somoene i hope.

kingdom.

Guest spacemonkey

This could be fairly easy to achieve, as you don't need to worry about opponent driver AI or collisions (you'd have to let cars go through each other because otherwise the track would get blocked very easily)

You'd probably want to build the best possible physics engine tho, make it hard to absolutely master to keep a good scope for improving times, you want cars to skid so people have an incentive to ease off the accelerator...

It's an idea anyway, could well be patched onto one of the other engines currently being floated such as midnights or microturismo

Guest awarner [MVP]

I like the Idea, Not sure how much work would be involved but it would be one hell

of a game. Have to allow some practice laps each time then have the recorded race

to upload.

Good it this one gets off the ground :lol:

Guest spacemonkey

I reckon you don't want (or need) to upload every race, keep like a local copy of personal best race and then periodically (like daily or something) upload your personal best and grab the recordings of the top few.

Maybe even let players specify what "difficulty" they want to download, like rather than having to race against the top 5 ever, you can race against people in the 100-105 position in the highscore chart.

Guest midnight

heh, not a bad idea actually, makes scoreboards more interesting cos you would effectively be playing against the quickest player (or players depending on how many players the game would want you to play against) of course with our racer, there is no laps, but there is 'checkpoints', and there is random traffic and police etc.

Nice thoughts, but it just wont work.....

One of the main things in competative racing is blocking by slowing down the car behind, how could you block an invisible opponent with a fixed time?

Crashes, well, they just wouldnt be possible would they.

Randomness, in a proper game opponent cars are kinda random in the way they act, so no lap is identical, therefore if the cars acted the same each time it would be boring.

these are just immediate thoughts, theres probably more problems than these to overcome, not to put a dampener or anything on it :wink:

Guest midnight

your best bet for this type of thing is a rally game

with no oponents, just times, like a proper rally, also the amount of data is tiny cos all you need is the times for each stage.

Guest kingdom master

well to get over ur mentioned problems as i said before u have several in built cars from the game. each player playing the game will see the same cars in the same places thus avoiding them however should they hit them they would crash. ofcourse u couldnt do the same with ghost racers but as were all avoiding the same cars that wouldnt be a problem. the car the users can recieve damage by hitting computer cars or hitting curbs or via tire ware etc..

Guest kingdom master

sounds complicated but i dont think it is. users decide if they start the championship in hard medium or easy. and must stay in that til the end. or abort and start again.

we could limited each rce to 10 cars 5 would be inbuilt the further 5 would be ghost racers.

all races would feature from the f1 season in basic format. (early arcade look,lol)

states would be uploaded in one formats as with normal season.

championship states points, race time, fastest lap time,

Guest midnight

like i said, racers dont work with predefined paths, you need to block cars, how can you block a car that has a predefined path?

it WONT work :wink:

rally is the best way to go, since only one car is on the track at any one time

Guest kingdom master

rally is boring and having one car is boring. the entire point of development is to develop what is already there and increase the boundaries of what we already have. dont take me the wrong way im not having a go at you. but why except what we have why not push to what we want.:-)

if they dont have predefined path whats the next best thing apart from one car or rally.

Guest midnight

erm, rallycross? ;P

so you would be racing against another car, but you would never need to block/overtake etc. cos it is essentially time based even tho you are racing each other. Using this you could have a knockout type of situation.

also, i dont think rally is boring, colin mcrae rally outsold all other racing titles including formula one based games at the same time. Its just easy to have league tables etc. and code would be almost same as any other rally game, just needs to pull off the times from a central server. (you could even use the ghost car trick as in other games practice modes if you wanted)

Guest spacemonkey

of course... now this would add to the complexity :lol:

But you could store like way points and target speeds from human drivers, so on a empty road the recorded run would be exactly the same as the real persons run, however in race conditions you put some standard driver AI stuff in and you make the AI target the way points and speeds but give it the flexibility to avoid other cars, get crashed off etc and come back to it's target line. You'd end up with problems in getting the AI to behave well enough and also that they might be too easy to beat because of their predictable paths and behaviour.

Still, it's an interesting idea, but as always would need commited developers, I personally can't wait for Midnight's game it looks all good ;)