Replacement SPV: socket/profile/dust/etc [age:2weeks]

Guest madu

I know this had been covered 100s of times. But I think this is a bit of a different case. I got my replacement 2 weeks ago. I claimed one since I had a headset stuck problem... It came new and (opposed to original out-of-box) had a protective film on the screen. They only replaced the device, so I even had to keep my existing battery..

I noticed that the socket is reasonably *tight* (what a feeling!!) in comparisson to my old one. Only after a few days I realised that the dust can already be seen under the screen... (and yes I clean stuff once in a while, and don't work at a building site. generally non-dusty environments..) But that was just the beginning.

It's 2 weeks now and I already had trouble with the profile stuck in headset.... But I took great care of this phone and especially tried to be very gentle with the jack/socket to make it last longer. I don't even use a Maplin adaptor!!

So my question is - could it be one from the *faulty series* - or what the hell is happening?? Should I call O and let them know?

PS: But then I unlocked (officially) recently, so they would know that I'm decert and could blame it on that?? It's just been 2 weeks :?

Guest mrjuglas

Well, I got a similar replacement recently and noticed the tightness of the headset socket too (although as my last headset broke inside the phone and wasn't replaced it was just a test, I'm left without a working headset... [please help!]). So far there hasn't been the dust problem but the phone has crashed much more than my original did... keep me posted on any more problems you have with yours because I also have the feeling that there may be something not quite right about this one...

Unless you got the replacement in an official SPV box with all the accesories etc it is a refurb handset, regardless of wether it has the sticker over the screen or not. They can rightfully do this but you can simply claim on care again stating your reason - i.e. headset profile, etc. In regards to u unlocking the fone, they cant blame the fault on that as they are providing the service! If they do try blaming it on that then you can turn it around on them and complain that theyre providing a faluty service [/end rant]

Amo, you got me worried now. O: What a bunch of *****. Seriously though, I am not happy bout the possibility of it being refurbished... How likely is it?? Coz if it is I will do and claim it against insurance...

Guest NickB&SPV

I had 2 replacement phones the weekend both of which looked "new". I could not find any markes on both of them. Both had protective stickers on the screen, buttons and IR panel. I remember someone I work with having a replacement Nokia 6210 which was refurbished from O and it was in a worse condition than the one that was faulty. This thought was in the back of my mind when I was expecting a replacement. My SPV which was faulty was almost as new.

Well, I'm getting my 2nd replacement tonight and am now very p***ed about the fact! So how should I go about being 100% sure it's actually not a refurbished one or getting a new one from them??

Well I GOT my replacement tonight.... hehe. Now that I was paying attention to it - I can see it's a refurbished handset coz the SDIO port has markings on it (charger/camera) and it has clearly been used - just a new cover and a new socket I guess... SO I'M P****D!!! But T&C are there for them to say - 'Ah! We warned you!' So I can't really complain, can I? Any advice??

Guest HelloDave

I'm now on my third SPV since November - the headset plug broke in the first one, and eventually the dust under the screen of the second one drove me nuts! My first replacement might not have been refurbished, becuase the sticker on the screen looked like the original HTC one, but my current one is - a bit of blue plastic was roughly stuck on it! At least my latest one has a decent power button though, and I've got an unscratched case again :lol: