Need to Run ICS on Idea Blade

Guest droidolution

Guest droidolution

Is there a way to run ICS roms flawlessly on Idea Blade 256mb RAM version?

I have tried enabling 256mb swap and set ZRAM to 26%. The ROM functions perfectly but each time when switch to home from any running app, the launcher completely reloads which takes about 10 secs and its really annoying. Tried the lightest zeam launcher too but still its the same scenario.

Ps: Devs, i know its almost impossible but just wondering if there is some workaround you can suggest. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by droidolution

Guest b3rvirus

I think there's still a hope for 256 blade.. maybe it's just that the ROM isn't optimized for very low RAM..

I mean, look.. out there, there are several old device that has 256 ram too, like xperia X8, X10 mini/pro..

they got "miniCM9" that's what they call it, and they looks happy enough using ICS on their low ram device (of course using swap)

also, LG GT540.. they got ICS too

Guest droidolution

ICS will not cut it on 256Mb RAM... as you have seen it yourself, sorry you're out of luck or upgrade to a better handset

:(.. he he... thanx for the idea... gonna drill my pocket soon...

Guest droidolution

Just about runs on 384mb ram on the LG Optimus L3

but the processor is different and is of higher frequency... i believe that might make the difference

Guest droidolution

I think there's still a hope for 256 blade.. maybe it's just that the ROM isn't optimized for very low RAM..

I mean, look.. out there, there are several old device that has 256 ram too, like xperia X8, X10 mini/pro..

they got "miniCM9" that's what they call it, and they looks happy enough using ICS on their low ram device (of course using swap)

also, LG GT540.. they got ICS too

true.. but our devs have stripped the roms as smaller as possible. take KonstaKang as an example. it is the most lighter ICS available for blade now. thant is a milestone without the ARMv6 libraries.

But as u suggested, if some dev can take 256mb version in to consideration and cook a ICS or JB (which by base is more snappier than ICS) rom specifically optimized for 256mb ram versions it would be great help for lower ram version blade users like us.