[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest WinterIsComing

I got a gray (absolutely no probs) from Maru Mumbai @ 36500. Moreover he had 5 pieces for gray . No white was available with him..

Whr is this Maru in mumbai? Any contacts u can share?

Thx

Guest JulyDerek
Friends who have received the phone, could anyone please confirm if Indian versions have NFC?

NFC is there. There is no LTE in the Indian model.

And I have grey too. No problems with it.

Guest AdityaKar

I got a gray (absolutely no probs) from Maru Mumbai @ 36500. Moreover he had 5 pieces for gray . No white was available with him..

Congrats! You got it at a very good price!

Anybody in Delhi/NCR got the phone at such prices yet?

can anyone recommend a good flip cover and where is it available..??

Also are you guys using scratch guards or not..if yes please recommend a branded and trusted SG.

Guest viper_79

im just hopping mad right now and fuming from both ears!! been waiting for the note 2 to be available in indore, calling the stores like a maniac every single day for almost a week now... just got a confirmation from my regular dealer that he is getting a stock of about 20 phones today, but the dealer price has been increased and the lowest he can sell it is for 39,000 !! is that crazy or what!

going to mumbai for the interop on friday, will return the same day so have a very small window of maybe 2 hrs that i can take out. can anyone suggest any store in the vicinity (around BKC) where i can get a note 2 from? i'll be highly indebted.

TIA!

Edit: Ooops... The Interop is being held at the Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon (E) and not BKC. Pls let me know if u guys are aware of stores closeby, thanks :)

Edited by viper_79

Guest ithehappy
im just hopping mad right now and fuming from both ears!! been waiting for the note 2 to be available in indore, calling the stores like a maniac every single day for almost a week now... just got a confirmation from my regular dealer that he is getting a stock of about 20 phones today, but the dealer price has been increased and the lowest he can sell it is for 39,000 !! is that crazy or what!

Hey same here! And just an hour back I got a call from my retailer only 'one' piece is available and he quoted 39k for it. I said it's high priced and hang up. Did I do right or should I take it?

Samsung is messing up the supply!

Hey same here! And just an hour back I got a call from my retailer only 'one' piece is available and he quoted 39k for it. I said it's high priced and hang up. Did I do right or should I take it?

Samsung dealers are all quoting higher prices now. I am not sure if prices are revised again or if it's due to low supply. But, that's what's happening.

can anyone recommend a good flip cover and where is it available..??

Also are you guys using scratch guards or not..if yes please recommend a branded and trusted SG.

Flipcovers the original ones are very expensive @2k. I have bought a capdase back case and scratch guard. Both are awesome and provide good protection IMO for less 500 bucks in total.

Guest prwael86

Hi everyone,

I have a friend in India as of today and will be there for a week. I am hoping someone could please give me address + contacts of some shops in Mumbai having gray SGN2 stock as well as flip covers.

Pleaaaaase guys pleeease.

I am so anxious he might not buy it in time.

Edited by prwael86

Guest viper_79

Impatience and impulsiveness are two of the worst virtues to have :( !!! Went to the shop to check if I could haggle a bit... he had just one grey and one white piece remaining!

I just couldn't wait any longer after seeing the boxes in front of me... caved in and bought the grey one for 38,900/-. Was kinda risky coz I had played with the white demo earlier but hadn't seen the grey one in hand ever... glad to report that I am happy that I chose the grey over the white. The white is very beautiful and sexy, but the grey I suppose has a little more class to it.

Btw, the white one was sold rite in front of me while mine was being billed, and there were two more guys that came in for the note2, willing to buy any colour available but had to go home empty handed.

All in all... verrrrryyyy happy rite now, life can finally resume :)

Edit: I do feel a bit foolish knowing that I could have easily saved upto 3K had I waited maybe even a week more, but I just couldn't take the waiting anymore! Need to grow up :)

Edited by viper_79

Guest JulyDerek

Official Samsung store is selling them at Rs.37,900. I dont think you should pay more than that.

Guest JulyDerek

Hi everyone,

I have a friend in India as of today and will be there for a week. I am hoping someone could please give me address + contacts of some shops in Mumbai having gray SGN2 stock as well as flip covers.

Pleaaaaase guys pleeease.

I am so anxious he might not buy it in time.

The Samsung shop at Phoenix Mills (Parel)

Nuteche Mobile Shop at P.M.Road (Opposite Citibank) <--- You probably will get the best rate from him.

Guest JulyDerek

Edit: I do feel a bit foolish knowing that I could have easily saved upto 3K had I waited maybe even a week more, but I just couldn't take the waiting anymore! Need to grow up

Dont worry. We all here are in the same boat. :)

Guest sumeshd

I hope they get d stocks & prices come bk to normal on Monday..can't wait to own this beast..bt I hv 37k max..& on seeing everyone's suggestions I'm gonna go with grey as well..

I hope they get d stocks & prices come bk to normal on Monday..can't wait to own this beast..bt I hv 37k max..& on seeing everyone's suggestions I'm gonna go with grey as well..

Yeah ditch the white. I saw white again and oh man it sooo isn't as awesome.

Guest viper_79

....on seeing everyone's suggestions I'm gonna go with grey as well..

another thing about the grey note 2, obviously it has the same specs/dimensions as the white therefore its nothing more than an optical illusion, but the grey one in fact doesn't look as big as the white.

whereas the white looks and feels monstrous upon first sight, the grey one doesn't.

Edit: Btw, I was all set on buying a white note 2, the grey wasn't even a consideration.... but all the comments from this thread and other users on different forums kept lingering on, and then i saw someone take out a white note 1 at the gym last night and while my white HOX is stunning, the note i'd say not so much. One reason could be that the bezel on the HOX is black, and there's just this small strip on the top and bottom end on the front that is white... whereas the entire note 2 front is white, including the button area... basically wayyy too much white.

Edited by viper_79

Guest viper_79

Coming from the HOX, the menu and back keys are in the opposite places... and the keys on the note 2 aren't visible until u touch them, so keep hitting the wrong key every single time! will take a few days to adjust...

Guest Deepak2011

Congrats! You got it at a very good price!

Anybody in Delhi/NCR got the phone at such prices yet?

Still waiting for grey note 2 to be available in noida. every dealer says it will be available tomorrow 100% sure. lets see AGAIN tomorrow. :angry:

Guest sumeshd

As I am also coming from hox..I saw in vids that the key light on white note2 isn't visible at all while they are in grey note2..thus my choice again is grey..thank u to all the people suggesting and reviewing the colors..it helped a lot..

Guest sumeshd

Still waiting for grey note 2 to be available in noida. every dealer says it will be available tomorrow 100% sure. lets see AGAIN tomorrow. :angry:

Did u visit the "cool sardarji" in sector 18??

I will be coming there as well on Monday..as I am very much bound and firmed to get the beast on Monday..I will literally travel all Delhi & noida to hunt the best price for my hox and get note 2..

Guest Deepak2011

I will be coming there as well on Monday..as I am very much bound and firmed to get the beast on Monday..I will literally travel all Delhi & noida to hunt the best price for my hox and get note 2..

yeah its me i gave the advance to cool sardaar ji shop on saturday and the samsung distributors are not giving note 2 to any shop in sector 18. cool sardaar ji told me that i can get my advance money anytime i want. but damn those distributors unable to give note 2, to any dealer shop till today. really angry to samsung distributors.

I JUST NOW purchased the beast!!! :D for 37,500 ;) [GREY ONE - Looks much much better than the white one]