[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest nimish.saraogi

Hello guys!!! Had bought the grey one yesterday fr 38K, I have been completely blown off by the experience of the device, since then

There is however a shortage as I went to my local dealer but he din had the stock so I just went into a samsung cafe and purchased it right away paying approx a 500Rs premium, coz my dealer was giving me a better price for my old phone resale,

So keeping that all aside.

The battery is awesome, multitasking is justified superbly,

And obviously you will be noticed while speaking on this phone in public..

The grey is very attractive and looks quite glazy as well...

Hello guys!!! Had bought the grey one yesterday fr 38K, I have been completely blown off by the experience of the device, since then

There is however a shortage as I went to my local dealer but he din had the stock so I just went into a samsung cafe and purchased it right away paying approx a 500Rs premium, coz my dealer was giving me a better price for my old phone resale,

The battery is awesome, multitasking is justified superbly,

And obviously you will be noticed while speaking on this phone in public..

The grey is very attractive and looks quite glazy as well...

Yes, the gray is classy. This was one reason I never did pre-order, though the dock was nice. I wanted to see the gray myself. I am sure you will enjoy the phone a lot, I am; that 500 bucks is nothing for the experience.

Man Get it at 38500 thats the right price, u will wait forever if u expect it 36500

I agree - sumeshd. I doubt you will be able to get it that price. With low stocks and Samsung providing exclusivity to cafe's. Maybe in 3 months but not immediately.

People just thrash @Samsung_India on their Twitter..tell them they are being mean by not providing stock of #Galaxynote2 to dealers for getting more money..

This is perhaps what Samsung is intending to do and rightfully so it works best for them and the cafe's. Don't forget Samsung has invested a lot into these cafe's, if everyone starts undercutting them then you have a bigger problem. The prices in cafe aren't very different from the street, I had a revelation this time about that and the experience was fab.

no dude its still not available today cool sardarji is saying that it will definitely available tomorrow. SgN2 is not available at any shop in noida. HUH

Hmm.. waiting is tough.

which brand and price for bluetooth headset..?

Plantronics - 5.5K. One of the best to go with the other best thing :)

Finally got my phone today from ebay. I have only one word for this "AWESOME".

They provided a bluetooth headset also which is nice and packing was good. Mine was white color btw.

I called the seller and asked him what is the thing with these delays and high prices?

They said samsung india is not providing handsets to us(dealers) as the price will be decreased soon if they release them in bulk. They blame Samsung India like anything and majority of the handsets that were about to be shipped to mumbai,noida and new delhi areas were being diverted to south side as they are willing to pay any price. So thats the reason our north friends still dont have stock in the last week

Finally. That's good news. There is plenty of stocks moving in Bangalore. How's the headset.. never been a fan of those.

Guest nimish.saraogi

Yes, the gray is classy. This was one reason I never did pre-order, though the dock was nice. I wanted to see the gray myself. I am sure you will enjoy the phone a lot, I am; that 500 bucks is nothing for the experience.

Its actually too exciting n I have paid a huge price choosing htc this feb, so technically a lot of money wasted on Lumia and Htc, n after almost a full year of wasting money on these stupid companies, I have finally found peace in Samsung..

Though I never thought I would use samsung, but after They released S3, they just set up a new benchmark in mobile technology innovations with awesome gesture features...

The multiwindow function is just exclusive I suppise..thts one of the most used features for me till now..say 24 hrs..

So how often should I charge??? I charged it whole night yesterday frm 2, then in the morning I used it heavily to get the battery to 94..n rit now its 28... does these samsung phones need to be charged overnight everyday?? Plz do advise on this...

Its actually too exciting n I have paid a huge price choosing htc this feb, so technically a lot of money wasted on Lumia and Htc, n after almost a full year of wasting money on these stupid companies, I have finally found peace in Samsung..Though I never thought I would use samsung, but after They released S3, they just set up a new benchmark in mobile technology innovations with awesome gesture features...

The multiwindow function is just exclusive I suppise..thts one of the most used features for me till now..say 24 hrs..

So how often should I charge??? I charged it whole night yesterday frm 2, then in the morning I used it heavily to get the battery to 94..n rit now its 28... does these samsung phones need to be charged overnight everyday?? Plz do advise on this...

Well. Hopefully the Note 2 will outlast all of them. I changed my phone after 3 years now because the last one was very powerful at the time and so is this. I also never thought I would buy a Samsung but yet here we are!

About the charging you can charge any time, it uses a Lithium Ion battery so no issues. Of course since the batteries are limited by charge cycles it's better to not keep topping up, charge when it hits 15% for example is a good idea. You don't need to leave to charge over night or anything, no need. Since the battery is new it's also going to take a few discharge/charge cycles before it gives you correct battery time.

In either case, don't worry so much about the battery; by the time you want to change it because of battery issues, the replacements would be cheap!

Guest AdityaKar

Man Get it at 38500 thats the right price, u will wait forever if u expect it 36500

I disagree.. as WinterIsComing pointed out, HDFC is already offering it for 37k with 3 months interest free EMIs. I'm sure local dealers should be able to at least match that price. I don't mind waiting another week to save 1-2k.

http://www.hdfcbanksmartbuy.com/

Guest nimish.saraogi

Well. Hopefully the Note 2 will outlast all of them. I changed my phone after 3 years now because the last one was very powerful at the time and so is this. I also never thought I would buy a Samsung but yet here we are!

About the charging you can charge any time, it uses a Lithium Ion battery so no issues. Of course since the batteries are limited by charge cycles it's better to not keep topping up, charge when it hits 15% for example is a good idea. You don't need to leave to charge over night or anything, no need. Since the battery is new it's also going to take a few discharge/charge cycles before it gives you correct battery time.

In either case, don't worry so much about the battery; by the time you want to change it because of battery issues, the replacements would be cheap!

Yup... will keep tht in mind.. thanks fr the info...

But seriously.. in love with this...

Guest sumeshd

I am willing to buy it at 37k..but imo 38k is more..will try to get more funds..but 37is like max I can shell ri8 now..provided that everyone is quoting just 20k for my 5 months old white hox..

OMG! I see people strugling to get at 37500..?? Why dont you guys contact Maru, Vashi, Mumbai. its a genuine dealer and has plenty of grey stocks and gave me for 36500 ony...

I am willing to buy it at 37k..but imo 38k is more..will try to get more funds..but 37is like max I can shell ri8 now..provided that everyone is quoting just 20k for my 5 months old white hox..

You should try and sell it fast as prices might fall if s3 mini launches.

Edited by j89

Guest sumeshd

Yeah. There is quite a bit of gray market stuff selling lower as well between 36.2 to 36.8.

I don't mind getting it for 37 even..many shops quoted me the price of 36.9 but the problem now is Samsung not giving them stock..

Let's see what Monday brings..gonna hunt down all over Delhi for d beast..

Guest JulyDerek

Yeah. There is quite a bit of gray market stuff selling lower as well between 36.2 to 36.8.

Avoid the Grey market. Probably they are evading VAT in a higher rate state. You get no warranty, in the long run will be more expensive.

I don't mind getting it for 37 even..many shops quoted me the price of 36.9 but the problem now is Samsung not giving them stock..

Let's see what Monday brings..gonna hunt down all over Delhi for d beast..

I would say this - between 37-38 it's good price. If you are trying to save money, you should just wait for a few months; instead of 1K lesser than what you are quoted now, you might get for even 3K lesser. Right now, there is no reason for Samsung to drop the prices, considering the festival season they will sell a lot more of these and that exclusivity is still being maintained with Samsung Cafe's.

Avoid the Grey market. Probably they are evading VAT in a higher rate state. You get no warranty, in the long run will be more expensive.

Yup. I had one guy selling it for even 30K without any ready stock. But, no thanks. @JulyDerek how are you enjoying your experience till now? Got some accessories or just running it plain?

Edited by j89

Guest JulyDerek

@JulyDerek how are you enjoying your experience till now? Got some accessories or just running it plain?

Am loving it. Next to it, my Note 1 looks jaded !!

Running the Nova Launcher to get 5x5 icons. Accessories non at the moment. Just using my Note 1 leather sleeve as there aren't any for the Note 2. Checked on eBay and there is one but stupidly they have no hole for the speaker. Waiting for a good leather pouch for it.

I have a vehicle dock for my Note 1 which will work with the Note 2.

My Homescreens (using the stock launcher)

Screenshot_2012-10-12-09-00-08.png

Screenshot_2012-10-12-12-28-56.png

Edited by JulyDerek

Am loving it. Next to it, my Note 1 looks jaded !!

Running the Nova Launcher to get 5x5 icons. Accessories non at the moment. Just using my Note 1 leather sleeve as there aren't any for the Note 2. Checked on eBay and there is one but stupidly they have no hole for the speaker. Waiting for a good leather pouch for it.

I have a vehicle dock for my Note 1 which will work with the Note 2.

My Homescreens (using the stock launcher)

The home screens are looking damn nice. I haven't still gottten around to make it look nice heh.

Do you have the original car dock.. I wondering if it's the original one does it know when I dock it into the car... to for example automatically switch to driving mode?

Saw a leather pouch today on ebay; obviously not original but has a nice Samsung logo and all not sure how good the quality is. It's here: http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-NOTE-2-N7100-Genuine-Leather-case-cover-POUCH-/321000323941?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item4abd1c3b65

Thanks j89 ! I just sent the seller a message if this pouch has a hole. But for 199, I could probably buy it blind and get my neighbourhood mochi to make a hole...?

I was looking at this one but the seller said there is no hole for the speaker.

http://www.ebay.in/i...984.m1438.l2649

Yah, dude see what what they reply to. Otherwise neighbourhood mochi. I am also thinking of getting a pouch sometime, flipflap covers and docking on the car could be difficult; right now have a capdase back and scratch guard on it l both of which were really low priced and damn good quality.

Guest AdityaKar

Yah, dude see what what they reply to. Otherwise neighbourhood mochi. I am also thinking of getting a pouch sometime, flipflap covers and docking on the car could be difficult; right now have a capdase back and scratch guard on it l both of which were really low priced and damn good quality.

It's completely my personal opinion. But I really don't see a point in buying a beautiful phone with a gorgeous screen and then killing the charm of both using sleeves and scratch guards.

No matter how good a scratch guard, it will affect the screen clarity and increase the reflectivity. And it'll be no match to the Gorilla glass when it comes to scratch resistance. So the scratch guard will itself end up getting scratches in a few weeks and will hamper the screen clarity further.

And sleeves cover up the entire back and side of the phone. The whole faux brushed metal look will go hidden. Not to mention the added thickness.

The original flip flap cover is only as far as I would go for protecting the phone.

Guest JulyDerek

It's completely my personal opinion. But I really don't see a point in buying a beautiful phone with a gorgeous screen and then killing the charm of both using sleeves and scratch guards.

No matter how good a scratch guard, it will affect the screen clarity and increase the reflectivity. And it'll be no match to the Gorilla glass when it comes to scratch resistance. So the scratch guard will itself end up getting scratches in a few weeks and will hamper the screen clarity further.

And sleeves cover up the entire back and side of the phone. The whole faux brushed metal look will go hidden. Not to mention the added thickness.

The original flip flap cover is only as far as I would go for protecting the phone.

I agree with you. Thats why I never use a screenguard or cases. I never used the original flip cover because I thought it was very impractical to use.

I use the leather case only when I keep my phone in my pocket or when I'm putting it on my bathroom shelf. Other than that, I dont use any protection........(I would have put a smiley here but they seem to screw up replies)

Guest JulyDerek

My latest homescreen. Been playing with it.

I made a separate thread for homescreen screenshots, but I dont think anyone sees any thread other than this one....(smiley)

Screenshot_2012-10-12-14-15-12.png

Guest chaitanya87

Hey u were in pune, did you have to pay any octroi in pune!! thats the reason i did not purchase from Ebay, Another thing does any one have any idea, about screen recorder function i liked it very much, but no one is bothered by its absence it seems!!

No I am from Hyderabad. I think you have to pay octroi if u were from maharashtra i think.