Is there a volume rocker/wake up update?

Guest shpibrazz

Guest shpibrazz

Hi all, it's really annoying to reach that power button every time to wake up g300...is there an update for a ics vision's rom to make volume rocker wake up the device?

Thanks!

Guest shpibrazz

http://www.modaco.co...vol-wake-tweak/ is the fix I am using on ICS (B940) which enables the volume key wake up function if that helps?

Can you send me the files in PM, i tried this method and had to restore nandroid backup 'cause security, phone, people and many other processes crashes when boot?

i'm using this rom

which rom are you using?

Thanks

Edited by shpibrazz

Guest nsmacd1

I am on ICS B940 NOW, but have used it on B936 also without problems, but can't work out how to send the files via PM

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest shpibrazz

here is the version for infusion, backup up first as i have not tested

this wont work on other roms

I'll give it a try...thank you so much!

Guest palec69

here is the version for infusion, backup up first as i have not tested

this wont work on other roms

doesn't work for me :( (infusion b06, b936 base)

Guest shpibrazz

doesn't work for me (infusion b06, b936 base)

there is one zip on infusion thread...worked for me, but i had to do a full wipe and flash the Infusion again...works perfect!

Use the .zip from the post above,

here ya go:

1. full wipe

2. flash infusion

3. flash .zip file

4. reboot

Edited by shpibrazz

Guest TangerineTractor

As an alternative, try Proximity AutoLock. It can be set to turn your screen off when you stick your phone in your pocket, and wake when you take it out. It also works to wake your phone by just covering and uncovering the proximity sensor quickly with your finger.

Guest shpibrazz

As an alternative, try Proximity AutoLock. It can be set to turn your screen off when you stick your phone in your pocket, and wake when you take it out. It also works to wake your phone by just covering and uncovering the proximity sensor quickly with your finger.

Yeah, it's useful but it's a battery drainer...it' keeps the proximity sensor on at all times.

Guest shpibrazz

Dunno...but think about it. On my HTC Wildfire S while it had installed GB after i made a call the battery started draining so rapidly, i didn't knew what was going on. When i enter the battery options it shows that the Dialer has used 94% of my battery...i looked into this problem and found countless threads trying to find the solution. People knew that proximity sensor remained switched on after a call is made and it won't switch off until the phone is rebooted, but no one found the solution how to automatically switch it off...until ICS for Wildfire S came out. :D

So...yes, me thinks that proximity sensor drains battery ^_^

Guest Hogweed

I'm a fan of Holo Launcher but had to remove Holo Locker because it wakes up the screen when I press the volume buttons (no option to change this I could find). As I often have headphones on and am adjusting the volume in my pocket , I don't want this. This with GB ROMs but I'd guess it is the same on ICS.

So perhaps installing Holo Locker might be a viable solution.