storage on stock B940 ICS rom

Guest Uppy

Hi guys, quick question. On my mind Ascend I installed B940 repack rim a posts down and noticed that storage is split into two. Internal, which uses an emulated SD card and External which uses the real thing.

Is there a way to just have 2gb internal memory and use my SD card to store app data like the GB ROM did? Cos at the minute the phone only has a tiny amount of internal memory for apps.

Please help?

I don't mean to seem rude but you have clearly misread my issue. If I do that I *still* only have 755mb of phone storage. While the 2gb internal storage remains untouched unless storage is set to internal at which point the 2gb internal storage is used as an emulated SD card.

Either way only leaves me with 755mb of phone storage. I want to use all those 2gb as phone storage. That's my query.

Hope this clarifies my question.

I guess what I'm asking is "how can I enlarge the internal partition from 755mb to 2gb?" Cos at the minute that space is used as an emulated sd card when set to internal and not used at all when set to external.

Hi Droiddruid, I'm not entirely sure I understand the last bit of your sentence but if I read it correctly its possible but not right now?

Does maybe a custom ROM have the feature I'm after? I.E. Just one big internal partition but still stock 4.0 look?

Yeah, I did that on my dads Monte Carlo. Its not exactly what I wanted but it'll do the job. Its just a Shane that 2gb internal memory is basically wasted by this stupid stock ROM.

Id prefer to go custom rom if it gives you the full internal storage to use.

Thanks dude.

Edited by Uppy

Guest elperroderoke

Yeah, I did that on my dads Monte Carlo. Its not exactly what I wanted but it'll do the job. Its just a Shane that 2gb internal memory is basically wasted by this stupid stock ROM.

Id prefer to go custom rom if it gives you the full internal storage to use.

Thanks dude.

Don´t think you did that on Monte Carlo, because it doesn't have 2 G of internal memory, you used a partition in the SD card, in G300 you can use the 2 G of internal memory for install apps (that would be the same that install in /data/).

Regards.

Guest tillaz

Don´t think you did that on Monte Carlo, because it doesn't have 2 G of internal memory, you used a partition in the SD card, in G300 you can use the 2 G of internal memory for install apps (that would be the same that install in /data/).

Regards.

think he means we used to be able to resize the cache partition to 2mb and the system partition 150mb and make the internal storage bigger (250mb)

this could also be done here by making the emulated 2gb sd partition 2mb, and the internal storage partition 2.75gb

to do this we need to be able to mod the update.app so all it contains and runs is the .bin to change the partition sizes...

same way it was done on the zte skate / orange monte carlo :)

Guest jsevi83

I don't mean to seem rude but you have clearly misread my issue. If I do that I *still* only have 755mb of phone storage. While the 2gb internal storage remains untouched unless storage is set to internal at which point the 2gb internal storage is used as an emulated SD card.

Either way only leaves me with 755mb of phone storage. I want to use all those 2gb as phone storage. That's my query.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Sorry, I didn't understand your first post. I'm going to check the link elperroderoke posted too.