[ROM][ICS]Geno ROM (B940 Base with overclock kernel)

Guest Cyda

Guest thejaimes111

I noticed on this rom that something similar to the vendor Huawei file is on it (as we have togles). Somebody know how can I extract this personalization? Thanks in advance :D

Guest elperroderoke

I noticed on this rom that something similar to the vendor Huawei file is on it (as we have togles). Somebody know how can I extract this personalization? Thanks in advance

Maybe is because I and maybe you too, have the vendor B926 flashed, and then as far as you have the /cust/unicom/cn folder and the B926 vendor flahed.we have the togles.

I will try and test what happend if you have another "vendor" flashed.

Regards.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest krishang3
I noticed on this rom that something similar to the vendor Huawei file is on it (as we have togles). Somebody know how can I extract this personalization? Thanks in advance :D

Jaime!!!!! Does this have toggles?

Guest elperroderoke

I'm right, as far as you have the B926 vendor flashed before, you will have the toggles, but if you have the a Vodafone, Yoigo or HW phone (the 3 I know) you won't have the roggles.

Any way there is a "trick" that can be used to have the toggles (as far as you rom is stock ROM, I know it doesn't work in Infusion, but work on the U8818 S3 based ROM), but first to all, you need to include de /cust/ "folder/partition" from your based mod ROM (B936 VF maybe).

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest elperroderoke

Thanks

I'm right, as far as you have the B926 vendor flashed before, you will have the toggles, but if you have the a Vodafone, Yoigo or HW phone (the 3 I know) you won't have the roggles.

Any way there is a "trick" that can be used to have the toggles (as far as your rom is a stock ROM, I know it doesn't work in Infusion, but work on the U8818 S3 based ROM), but first to all, you need to include de /cust/ "folder/partition" from your based mod ROM (B936 VF maybe).

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest elperroderoke

If we talk about this ROM, if you have the B926 vendor flashed before, you will have the toggles, but if you have flashed the B934 before, all you need is to rename the /cust/unicom/cn folder to /cust/hw/normal and make a factory reset to have this ROM as it is (included toggles).

If you have a "still" Yoigo Spain phone, you would have to rename it to /cust/yoigo/es and make a factory reset to have this ROM as it is (included toggles).

If you have a "still" Vodafone phone, I don´t know because there are a lot of folder inside (en, es, default, ch, de.....), and I don't know if you have to rename to your "country based phone" /cust/vodafone/es (Spain) /en/ or /uk/ (England), or maybe it will work with /cust/vodafone/default and make a factory reset to have this ROM as it is (included toggles).

Regarding to make all this work "out of the box" in a MOD ROM, I have one idea, that depends on the /cust/folder size.from the based stock ROM, because the cust partition size is just 75M.

Regards.

Guest krishang3
If we talk about this ROM, if you have the B926 vendor flashed before, you will have the toggles, but if you have flashed the B934 before, all you need is to rename the /cust/unicom/cn folder to /cust/hw/normal and make a factory reset to have this ROM as it is (included toggles).

If you have a "still" Yoigo Spain phone, you would have to rename it to /cust/yoigo/es and make a factory reset to have this ROM as it is (included toggles).

If you have a "still" Vodafone phone, I don´t know because there are a lot of folder inside (en, es, default, ch, de.....), and I don't know if you have to rename to your "country based phone" /cust/vodafone/es (Spain) /en/ or /uk/ (England), or maybe it will work with /cust/vodafone/default and make a factory reset to have this ROM as it is (included toggles).

Regarding to make all this work "out of the box" in a MOD ROM, I have one idea, that depends on the /cust/folder size.from the based stock ROM, because the cust partition size is just 75M.

Regards.

Well I've been told another way on gettings toggles is by porting a stock nexus systemui.apk

Guest tillaz

Well I've been told another way on gettings toggles is by porting a stock nexus systemui.apk

that's just the start of it...

i told you to do that because its pure AOSP, no huawei code, meaning its easer to add code for the power widgets found in my rom,

after doing the above, you then add the code and resources for power widgets (hard part)

where talking customizable toggles though, not huawei's

Guest thejaimes111

i told you to do that because its pure AOSP, no huawei code, meaning its easer to add code for the power widgets found in my rom,

after doing the above, you then add the code and resources for power widgets (hard part)

Seems a bit complicate :/. I want to add Huawei togles on my rom...

Guest elperroderoke

Seems a bit complicate :/. I want to add Huawei togles on my rom...

I think it would be easy do it in your rom, but this depends on people’s phone. It would be easy to add the Vodafone’s /cust partition in your rom, the dificult thinght is that people without Vodafone’s phones won’t have the toggled, as people without Unicom’s phone don’t have toggles (and other thinghts) in Geno’s Rom.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest krishang3

That's what I've been planning on doing. Its just I'm not sure where to begin and how as you see I'm not an expert at coding. Some useful resources would be nice...but then again as you mentioned its quite difficult to explain the basic procedure in words.

Might help my self in nexus forums in xda might find something.

Guest krishang3

Oops double post

Edited by krishang3

Guest tillaz

That's what I've been planning on doing. Its just I'm not sure where to begin and how as you see I'm not an expert at coding. Some useful resources would be nice...but then again as you mentioned its quite difficult to explain the basic procedure in words.

Might help my self in nexus forums in xda might find something.

when i get some free time i will try and explain it,

or make a video if i can find a screen recorder, as its easer to show how its done, than putting it in words...

not sure when though as I'm really busy with work at the moment

Guest krishang3

when i get some free time i will try and explain it,

or make a video if i can find a screen recorder, as its easer to show how its done, than putting it in words...

not sure when though as I'm really busy with work at the moment

Thank you very much and no rush users can use a third party app for the moment. Greatly appreciated tillaz